Ann or Agnes manners

Items of general interest

Moderators: Global Moderators, Pandabean

Kaysimpson

Ann or Agnes manners

Post by Kaysimpson » Fri May 15, 2015 8:01 am

Hi,anyone out there can help me.
I've gone as far as I can go with my family,all official documents paid for and inserted on my tree but the one who is getting me is Ann or Agnes manner born about 1755 to a John manners day labourer living in the toolbooth area of Edinburgh,I am getting nowhere with John accept perhaps deriving from haddington found through other manners marriages.ann or Agnes married George dickson on the 8th June 1779 in the toolbooth area,george was a servant.
There you go this is one to get your hair around and I won't be surprised to hear from no one.
Obviously love to know more of George Dickson also,or is this asking far too much.
My connection is George Dickson born to George and Ann in Liberton in 1783 and married Marion Niven.george was a coach painter from the closes on castle hill in the later years of his life.
Thanks to anyone trying.

paddyscar
Site Admin

Re: Ann or Agnes manners

Post by paddyscar » Fri May 15, 2015 5:53 pm

A warm welcome to TalkingScot, Kay [scotland-flag]

Checking https://familysearch.org for John Manners, born Scotland, residence Edinburgh, Scotland between 1750 an 1760 in relationship to other Ann Masters and also Agnes Manners produce some results that may give you some leads.

Good luck, and come back often. We are always interested in hearing about your results and in offering an eye and ear to help follow-up.

Best wishes,
Frances
John Kelly (b 22 Sep 1897) eldest child of John Kelly & Christina Lipsett Kelly of Glasgow

Kaysimpson

Post by Kaysimpson » Sat May 16, 2015 9:57 am

Hi,paddy scar,very welcome reply but I don't seem to get anywhere with Ann masters,could you be more explicit,I'd be very grateful.

paddyscar
Site Admin

Post by paddyscar » Sat May 16, 2015 10:42 pm

On the http://wwwFamilysearch.org page there is a series of boxes in which you may enter info in a series of fields to try and narrow down leads.

In the following, the bold type below indicates the names of the fields in which I have entered info

Deceased ancestors name

First Name John Last Name Masters

Search with a life event:

Birthplace
Scotland

Residence Place Edinburgh, Scotland

(Year Range) from 1750 to 1760

Search with a relationship:

Other Person's First Name Ann Other Person's Last Names Masters

Scroll down and hit the Blue Highlighted Search button. This will provide you with a list of people meeting the criteria you have entered.

You may save those records with whichever method you are familiar. Repeat the above search substituting Ann Masters with Agnes Masters and save those results.

You may now compare the lists and see which, if any may be of use in identifying the most likely records to pursue further.

Frances
John Kelly (b 22 Sep 1897) eldest child of John Kelly & Christina Lipsett Kelly of Glasgow

Kaysimpson

Post by Kaysimpson » Sun May 17, 2015 10:04 am

Sorry,it's not working for me,but anyway thanks for the try,I only get McMaster and no one to do with my manners,or at least I'm not seeing this,and it's not for not trying,I am well accustomed to family search and have found many clues.
Thanks again