Divorce records in AU

Items of general interest

Moderators: Global Moderators, Pandabean

speleobat2

Re: Divorce records in AU

Post by speleobat2 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:19 pm

Hi Trish,

Thanks for all your work on this family! I had some of it but not all. Alfred appears on a ships manifest leaving Scotland, but according to my cousin from Perth he is not on the ships manifest when it arrives in AU. She thinks he may have died on board and been buried at sea. Sounds plausible to me. I also can't find a birth cert for him on ScotlandsPeople so I'm wondering if his birth wasn't registered. He was probably an illegitimate son of James Cadenhead. There was a lot of that in this branch of the family. James was illegitimate and his father went on to marry Ann Bisset. They had a daughter Jane who had 3 illegitimate children by 3 different men before she married and had 3 more children!

I too am wondering if there ever was a divorce. I'm beginning to think that James left Margaret and the children and she simply declared herself a widow and went on with her life. The children seem to have accepted Henry Baxter as their father. Even as adults, they used his name as their own for many records though they obviously knew that James Cadenhead was their biological father. The cousin who originally posted in another place on the Forum is related to me through James and Margaret's youngest daughter Elizabeth. She knows very little about the family and was pleased to make a contact with me.

All this certainly keeps the hunt interesting!

Carol :D
Looking for: Clerihew, Longmuir/Longmore, Chalmers, Milne, Barclay in Newhills,
Munro, Cadenhead, Raitt, Ririe/Reary

Lynn CC

Post by Lynn CC » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:40 am

Hi
My great grandmother was Jane Cadenhead, daughter of James Williamson Cadenhead. Jane had two children with the father unknown. One of them was my grandfather Roallan Cadenhead. She then had a daughter Annie Sharpe Cadenhead then married William Taylor and had 7 other children.
I would be interested in more information about the family.

Cheers

Lynn CC

speleobat2

Post by speleobat2 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:16 pm

Hi Lynn,

My great grandmother Mary Cadenhead Munro would have been Jane's great aunt. I have one picture of her and that is the only Cadenhead picture that I have. If you send me an email address by private message, I'll be happy to share it with you. I can also send you an invite to view my family tree on Ancestry.com. I have much of the early family and Roallan and Annie Sharp's birthdates, but not much more than that on the later members of the family.

Welcome to Talking Scot!

Carol :D
Looking for: Clerihew, Longmuir/Longmore, Chalmers, Milne, Barclay in Newhills,
Munro, Cadenhead, Raitt, Ririe/Reary