Margret Dick and Robert Cock descendants

Items of general interest

Moderators: Global Moderators, Pandabean

cockshistory

Margret Dick and Robert Cock descendants

Post by cockshistory » Tue May 23, 2017 7:15 am

Hello I am an Australian related to William Cock 1719 who married Margret Dick, Margret Dick's father was James Dick, they had a son named Robert Cock born in 1754 who married Joanna Smith. Then followed Robert Cock 1776 who was born in Scotland and emigrated to Australia after his son (Robert 1801) emigrated. My great great great grandfather Robert Cock, born in 25/5/1801 who married Betty Wishart in Fife Scotland. Betty was born 17/2/1805 in Scotland. They emigrated in 1836 to colonize Adelaide and the South Australian colonies. They were with the first group of emigrants to Australia arriving on the HMS Buffalo.

My great great great grandfather was a noted explorer and has been written into Australian history books. Feeling very proud to find out I have descended from strong Scottish bloodlines as for the many years I could not argue with my husbands English relatives and have often been called a convict with no history. It is amazing the history books I read at school contains my GGG Granddads name and I had no idea I have since uncovered many interesting articles and discoveries he made in the Australian Colonies back in the 1800's about Robert Cock as an explorer, auctioneer, farmer, businessman and humanitarian to the Australian Aboriginal people. I shall try and add the family tree and other notable things about Robert Cock.

Regards Colleen Fox
Toogoom, Queensland. Australia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Cock