Scotlands People Facebook Posts

Items of general interest

Moderators: Global Moderators, Pandabean

WilmaM

Scotlands People Facebook Posts

Post by WilmaM » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:34 pm

I've been 'following' Scotlands People on Facebook, their frequent posts are getting very interesting.

Today was a snippet about the prevalence of Douglas Haig as babies' names during WWI, yesterday was about the 'Mother of Japanese Whisky' Rita Cowan from Kirkintilloch.
Another one was about the Flannan Island's lighthouse mystery, my children were never taught about that in school it seems!

All backed up with BMD Records census returns or other Archive material.

I would recommend following them .
Wilma

winslowsmom

Re: Scotlands People Facebook Posts

Post by winslowsmom » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:57 pm

Thank you for the tip, Wilma. This should prove quite interesting. My facebook feed is full of dog photos (not unwelcome) so this will add some balance !
Thanks and happy new year !
Cathy Hatfield
East Sandwich, Massachusetts

ninatoo

Post by ninatoo » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:38 pm

I'm enjoying the posts too :)
Researching: Easton ( Renfrewshire, Dunbarton and Glasgow), Corr (Londonderry and Glasgow), Carson (Co. Down, Irvine, Ayrshire and Glasgow), Logan (Londonderry and Glasgow)

trish1

Post by trish1 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:31 pm

WilmaM wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:34 pm
I've been 'following' Scotlands People on Facebook, their frequent posts are getting very interesting.

Today was a snippet about the prevalence of Douglas Haig as babies' names during WWI,
I've just found your thread & earlier today (Oz time) I was helping a friend with her family history & we found her grandfather who served in WWI was "Mentioned in dispatches" by Douglas Haig. Now I will get her checking to see if any of her cousins were called Douglas :)

Trish