Raitt family

Items of general interest

Moderators: Global Moderators, Pandabean

speleobat2

Raitt family

Post by speleobat2 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:23 pm

Hi all,

If you have Raitts, Rait, Raet and several other spellings in your family tree, you may find this website useful: http://www.raitt.org/aberdeenshire-raitts.html.

The author has done extensive research on the Raitt family with 25 pages on the Aberdeenshire Raitts alone. I printed out that much and there are probably another hundred pages or so of information. Unfortunately for me, he follows mainly the male lines so my Ann Raitt barely got mentioned.

Carol :D
Looking for: Clerihew, Longmuir/Longmore, Chalmers, Milne, Barclay in Newhills,
Munro, Cadenhead, Raitt, Ririe/Reary

carolineasb

Re: Raitt family

Post by carolineasb » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:32 pm

No sign of my Mary Keir Rait (1869-1856) either on this link :( She was born and died in Arbroath and married into my Paternal Grandmother's Dunlop family.

speleobat2

Re: Raitt family

Post by speleobat2 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:26 pm

If you belong to Facebook, there is a Raitt Family page on there too. David Raitt who authored the website is a frequent poster and many people have posted their Gedmatch kit numbers if you have had your DNA tested and downloaded the results to Gedmatch. I don't have a match with him unless it is very far back, but I have just connected with a couple of other relatives and David is very good at explaining why your relative may not be showing up in his research.

Carol :D
Looking for: Clerihew, Longmuir/Longmore, Chalmers, Milne, Barclay in Newhills,
Munro, Cadenhead, Raitt, Ririe/Reary