My Wee Granny

Stories memories and people

Moderators: Global Moderators, AnneM

Ted

Post by Ted » Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:52 am

Billy

From an auld gruff git - that wiz a fine tale - you must be fair proud tae hae had the honour of kenin' such a fine wee Scots wuman. I 'm sure ye have the thoughts of us awe here on SP - an' welcome tae !

Thanks lots for sharing that wi us

Aweraverybest

Ted
Looking for Allan / Gordon / Troup / McInnes / Grant / Taylor / Jackson from Aberdeen (city & shire) & Banffshire
Alexander / Allan / Stewart in W Lothian
Allan / Burnett in USA and Canada / Davidson & Philp in Fife and Lanarkshire

marilyn morning
Global Moderator

Post by marilyn morning » Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:37 am

Hello Billy

A masterpiece of memories. Thanks for sharing them.

Regards
Marilyn

tishgibbons

Post by tishgibbons » Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:00 pm

Hi Billy,

You have me in floods of tears too! Do you write for a living? If not it's a waste! I felt I could reach out and touch your wee Granny and I wanted to give her a hug for all the hugs she missed out on when you all went to America. I'd like to think that my long lost great granny was similar but as no one remembers her I'll never know.

Welcome to TS and I hope you get as much from this site as you gave all of us this evening.

Tish
Researching Mitchell Grassick Bowman Farquharson Wilson Allanach Leys Coutts Gauld McNerney from Crathie and Braemar, Strathdon and Glenbuchat and who moved on to Aberdeen, Glasgow, Ireland, Australia, India, Canada.

JustJean

Post by JustJean » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:00 pm

For all of you who were so moved by this compelling story I've got great news!! There are several more stories from the pen of Jean Clark Schmidt that are being released at tachras.com. Look for them on the site map page under the heading of Douglas West in Volume 4. The lastest tale entitled "The Sweetie Shop"....

http://www.tachras.com/sitemap.php

Ted

Post by Ted » Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:42 pm

mmmmmh - thanks for that Jean.

Best regards

Ted
Looking for Allan / Gordon / Troup / McInnes / Grant / Taylor / Jackson from Aberdeen (city & shire) & Banffshire

JustJean

Post by JustJean » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:11 pm

It was a good read wasn't it Ted???......

I just checked and there's another one in the series out now. This one entitled "Newspaper Lass" Just click on Volume 4 and look under Douglas West at www.tachras.com

Best wishes
Jean

Ted

Post by Ted » Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:16 am

Hi Folks

Have to agree with Jean - a fine read - well worth taking the time to look it over - Newspaper Lass is a topper too ! That one takes me back to when I had a 'paper round' when I was a boy - strangely, folk seemed much less abrasive then - but maybe that was just my impression through a boy's eye at the time.

Best regards

Ted