thorntons

Stories memories and people

Moderators: Global Moderators, AnneM

jeanbarrynella

thorntons

Post by jeanbarrynella » Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:33 am

hello could anyone help me please i am trying to find my grandfather john thornton and his family maybe around 1904 they lived in fyfe but on the photo,s i have seen they could have lived in cowdenbeath .hope some one can please help
kind regards jean :
jean old family MCSHANE THORNTON MCHALE
WELSH VANCE RAFFERTY MCGLYNN JENKINS MCCONNELL MCCRACKEN PETTIGREW FINDLAY
HIGGINS MORRISON MCGUIGAN MCGRATH WARD CURRAN MCGUIRK OCONNOR REID

nelmit

Re: thorntons

Post by nelmit » Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:44 am

jeanbarrynella wrote:hello could anyone help me please i am trying to find my grandfather john thornton and his family maybe around 1904 they lived in fyfe but on the photo,s i have seen they could have lived in cowdenbeath .hope some one can please help
kind regards jean :
Hello Jean,

After reading your other post I checked for a Nora and Ann Thornton in Fife for the 1901 census but could not find any.

But there is a Nora and Ann Thornton, both under 10 years old, living in Angus who might be worth a check. There doesn't seem to be a John though.

Regards,
Annette M

jeanbarrynella

thornton

Post by jeanbarrynella » Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:49 am

hello annette
john thornton is nora and anne,s father anne went into service when she was ten she was born 1894 and norah abt 1898 anne married a daniel mcshane whom i have recors of what i am trying to find out if i can locate john i maybe able to find out who is parents were i do know he was born in mayo .
kind regards jean
jean old family MCSHANE THORNTON MCHALE
WELSH VANCE RAFFERTY MCGLYNN JENKINS MCCONNELL MCCRACKEN PETTIGREW FINDLAY
HIGGINS MORRISON MCGUIGAN MCGRATH WARD CURRAN MCGUIRK OCONNOR REID