AVG question

The technical section

Moderator: Global Moderators

speleobat2

AVG question

Post by speleobat2 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:37 am

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to change an email address at AVG? I can't find a way to log in to my account from their home page so I sent them an email help request on Dec. 3 through customer service and have heard nothing back. I need to change this before I cancel the old email address which I want to do before I have to pay for another month.

I did find something called AVG forums by googling but I have no way of knowing if this is legitimate or not and don't want to send off my password to just anyone.

Carol :D
Looking for: Clerihew, Longmuir/Longmore, Chalmers, Milne, Barclay in Newhills,
Munro, Cadenhead, Raitt, Ririe/Reary

Currie

Re: AVG question

Post by Currie » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:04 am

Hello Carol,

There’s this page, but perhaps that’s where you’ve already been.
http://www.avg.com/us-en/customer-support

There’s the terms and conditions link on this page http://www.avg.com/ww-en/faq.pnuid-1258138741

If all else fails is there any way of blocking AVG from accessing your credit card.

All the best,
Alan

speleobat2

Post by speleobat2 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:20 pm

Thanks Alan!

I've been to all of those options so I guess I'll give it a few more days then try again. If all else fails, I can try their pay for advice link, but if I have to do that they are going to get a piece of my mind along with my question!

My subscription doesn't run out for quite a while so the credit card thing won't work right now.

I can't believe that it is so difficult to do something that is so simple! Don't these people ever actual look at their own website to see what's missing?

Carol

Moray_Lass

Post by Moray_Lass » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:43 am

The sad truth is AVG's support is awful, the only downside in an otherwise great product. I had the paid version and had a problem, sent an email and never got a reply. Luckily for me my subscription ran out about three weeks later so I ditched it and changed over to the ZoneAlarm Suite for three of my computers and this one has Avast Free
Maggie

Parental -
Moray, Bellie/Boharm:- Symon, Thomson, Davidson, Gordon, Laing, Dick, Thom, Geddes.
Banffshire, Rothiemay:- Lobban, Symon
Maternal -
'Finechty Flett's'
Banffshire:- Flett, Taylor, Wood, Lorimer, Falconer

speleobat2

Post by speleobat2 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:41 pm

Thanks Maggie,

I have a couple of weeks to work with this, but I may have to write off the rest of my subscription and go to something like Avast Free too.

Doesn't make me happy, but I've been unhappy before and survived!

Carol :D