computer projector

The technical section

Moderator: Global Moderators

Alan SHARP

Re: computer projector

Post by Alan SHARP » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:08 am

Hi Sarah.

I've heard of flying the coop, but not the casket. A couple of nights ago, a re-run was advertised for the film where the decision was made to have the wake before death, so a good time could be had, and not missed out on. Somewhere (too late to look up) in the Statistical Accounts of one of our Parishes of interest, the Minister commented that the only time his congregation ever over indulged, was in their competitiveness, to put on the best wake, in the district. He considered it such a waste of time, and ill afforded cash. Good "Scott" he was.

While my country honoured my dad, I don't for a moment, expect such treatment, so how my kids see fit to acknowledge and "fittingly" send me off, will be their business. Technology is progressing so fast, I might not comprehend it's impending application. I'll be past caring. Though having said that, fellow members have, twice now, seen fit to acknowledge my humble commitment, to my community, with life memberships, so presumably the kids will have to host, a send of, catering for those who would like to share memories, or have a free feed. The rest will be up to the Lord.

Alan SHARP

EDIT 24/3/11: Oops - Old age ? I now see my comments were intended for Carol.
Last edited by Alan SHARP on Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

speleobat2

Re: computer projector

Post by speleobat2 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:47 am

Alan,

I'm going to celebrate before I go and my sister has promised to take my ashes and her garden trowel out to the family plot and bury me providing that she doesn't go first.

As to the projector, I've found an art/craft projector that is designed for people who paint murals on walls or children's art projects that is very inexpensive and will do what I need it to do. The computer projectors look wonderful, but I can't justify spending that much money on something that will only be used occasionally.

Carol :D
Looking for: Clerihew, Longmuir/Longmore, Chalmers, Milne, Barclay in Newhills,
Munro, Cadenhead, Raitt, Ririe/Reary

Alan SHARP

Crafty Folks

Post by Alan SHARP » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:41 pm

Greetings again.

I fully understand. That is why I offered a bit of lateral thinking. We have some very "crafty" people in our greater family, plus my late wife, and now a daughter. An Australian relative has crafted her tree, and history, into quilts (includes printed images) so presumably family, and guests, will feel embraced at night. Another here in NZ has "scrap booked" the SHARP & HOLMES families, spending many hours doing so. In her 90's Dad's Sister continued to make very intricate crocheted covers and garments, and the generation before used to intrigue me, and get me to give a hand, when visiting my Grand Parents. My Gt Aunt used to dye old stockings and used them to make the greatest flowers, and leaves, with the aid of twisted copper wire. Waste not - want not. Do you remember that ? Oh, and then there was her Sister and Nephew who taught themselves taxidermy, and made excellent trout fly, with the leftovers. The son went on to be well known in UK car racing circles, and is experiencing ill health at the moment. We wish him speedy recovery.

Alan SHARP