Where did you hear of TalkingScot? (2008)

TalkingScot asks its members...

Moderator: Global Moderators

SarahND
Site Admin

Post by SarahND » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:38 pm

Hi Helen,
Welcome to Talking Scot! [talkingscot]
We look forward to hearing about your genealogical puzzles and perhaps helping out.
All the best,
Sarah

crayspond

Post by crayspond » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:42 pm

Hi ,

Just to say we found Talking Scot through Belfast Forum when my husband was looking for info on his gran. Have to say i am so glad we did - it's a great site and mainly because of the friendliness of the people who help.

Ailsa

Maz

Post by Maz » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:20 am

Joined in 2007 while surfing the net and have been reading the posts ever since - I just love genealogy (am researching Bruce, MacMillan and Macqueen familes)

Have traced my family back to late 1700's on Skye. I was fairly lucky that I lived with my grandparents and that I also listened to all their stories about the home country which my cousins found boring at the time but now as they become interested in the family ask me millions of questions about who is who, etc. Been back to visit Skye twice in the last 30 years and found it not much changed from when they left in certain ways.

caromac

Post by caromac » Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:13 pm

I found this site on the Practical Family History Website...one of their Admin Group is a member of this site and recommended it.

Cheers
Carolyn
Australia
"Pay it forward!!"

Scotland: Wilson, Chisholm, Liston, Safely (Midlothian); McHard/McHarg/McCard (Ayrshire).

Anne H
Global Moderator

Post by Anne H » Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:45 pm

Hi Maz,

Glad you joined us at [talkingscot]

There are lots of us on here who wish they had listened to the stories of parents and grandparents...you were were smart. :)

Welcome!

Regards,
Anne H

Anne H
Global Moderator

Post by Anne H » Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:48 pm

Hi Carolyn,

Hope you are enjoing TalkingScot and a very warm welcome [scotland-flag]

You'll find everyone to be friendly and always willing to help out whenever they can :)

Regards,
Anne H

Bob Young

Post by Bob Young » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:34 am

Hello everyone. I just joined. I found this site while surfing for Scottish ancestry sites. I live in the State of Pennsylvania, in the United States. The town I live in is called "Punxsutawney". This is the town that the movie "Groundhog Day" (with Bill Murray) is about. I guess that's our claim to fame so to speak. It's all good fun during the festivities. Here's a link to Groundhog Day, in my hometown.

http://www.groundhog.org/prediction/

Bob
Last edited by Bob Young on Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:13 am, edited 3 times in total.

caromac

Post by caromac » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:43 am

Hi Bob,
You will love this site.
Everyone is friendly and very helpful.

Cheers,
Carolyn
Tasmania :)
"Pay it forward!!"

Scotland: Wilson, Chisholm, Liston, Safely (Midlothian); McHard/McHarg/McCard (Ayrshire).

SarahND
Site Admin

Post by SarahND » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:30 pm

Hi Bob,
Welcome to Talking Scot! We look forward to tackling your genealogy puzzles! I'll be passing through Pennsylvania on Sunday and will wave the flag at you as I go :lol: [scotland-flag]
All the best,
Sarah

Hugo

Feedback

Post by Hugo » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:01 pm

I have only recently joined but am not sure where I found it. It could well have been ScotlandsPeople as I use it a lot.