eleanor robinson

Southern part of Great Britain

Moderator: Global Moderators

utrecht003

eleanor robinson

Post by utrecht003 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:46 pm

Trying to find parents of Eleanor Robinson born about 1902 later married William Dryden.born and/or married in the Glanton area or Newcastle upon Tyne.I have quite a bit on William but Eleanor seems to be a bit of a problem, is there a chance someone out there may be able to help? Hopefully with thanks.

Tracey
Global Moderator

Re: eleanor robinson

Post by Tracey » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:54 pm

Isnt her fathers name on the marriage certificate and have you searched the 1911 census to narrow it down ? looking at the free search results may help.
Scotland - Donaldson / Moggach / Shaw / Geddes / Sim / Gray / Mackie / Richards / Joel / Coull / Mckimmie / Panton / McGregor
Ireland and Scotland - Casey / McDade / Phillips / McCandle / Dinely / Comaskey + various spellings

Currie

Post by Currie » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:57 am

Hello Utrecht,

Is this the marriage? http://freebmd.rootsweb.com/cgi/search.pl

Marriages Jun Qtr 1933
Dryden William, Robinson, Castle W. 10b 691
Robinson Elenor, Dryden, Castle W. 10b 691

Castle Ward district towns are listed here http://www.ukbmd.org.uk/genuki/reg/dist ... 0ward.html

If you search births for Dryden with mother Robinson you’ll find some possible children of the marriage.

Glanton, Northumberland-shire, appears to have been in the Alnwick Registration District until 1936 and in Northumberland North Second from 1937

You’ll find six Eleanor Robinson births in Nortumberland-shire between 1900 and 1904. One of those is in the District of Castle Ward, another is in Alnwick.

Hope that’s useful,
Alan

trish1

Post by trish1 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:38 am

The Eleanor registered in CastleW was born 1900 - there are 2 Eleanors in the 1901 Census (assuming no transcript errors) from Northumberland - born Newbiggen and Haltwhistle. Newbiggen is in the Castle W district, Haltwhistle (at that time) was in the Haltwhistle district.

Eleanor from Newbiggen Eleanor T G Robinson 8 months old - parents William and Hannah

As mentioned by Tracey - you can probably also find them on the 1911 via the free searches (there is an option for others in the family with the same name). Father's name from the marriage would useful. An initial search (withoug knowing parents) gives 4 possibles in Northumberland.

Trish

utrecht003

Post by utrecht003 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:58 pm

Tracey;Currie;and Trish1, thankyou for your quick replies,because of your suggestions I have now got my wee brain back in order(I think)I'm now waiting on a reply from Newcastle.Hopefully this will get me back into the run of things again. Thanks again.