Narrowing Down Results - HELP

Southern part of Great Britain

Moderator: Global Moderators

Andy

Re: Narrowing Down Results - HELP

Post by Andy » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:03 pm

Oh, it's not worked out YET.

This is a Pal's tree and to cut down time (between certificate deliveries) I worked out ALL possible combinations in advance! I'm a sad person!

People may worry about children of long - living - together parents surnames, on another side of the same family an uncle had child by a niece and 10 years later (SOMEHOW) got legally married!

I've been in this game for ages but the family I'm now researching (never mind being English - I'm usually quite good at those too) have turned up enough problems to write a book!

Another line had three generations of "wrong side of the blankets" with various children adopting the "Step" Father's name for a time, then reverting at marriage to the mother's maiden name.

WHO NEEDS SUDOKU!!!!!!

Two branches of these and related trees disappear for 17 years yet, from Trade Directories, I know they were there. These, and related families didn't bother to register Hatches, Matches or Dispaches (less so the dispaches which are harder to cover up).

This is not my first foray into English records but - my godfather's - it's been an education - ONGOING!

With tomorrow being the 17th March - BRING BACK THE IRISH!!!!!!!!
Searching for Keogh, Kelly, Fitzgerald, Riddell, Stewart, Wilson, McQuilkin, Lynch, Boyle, Cairney, Ross, King, McIlravey, McCurdy, Drennan and Woods (to name but a few).

Also looking for any information on Rathlin Island, County Antrim, Ireland.

AnneM
Global Moderator

Re: Narrowing Down Results - HELP

Post by AnneM » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:27 pm

My Lancashire ones are for a friend too but they have absolutely nothing on yours and are so far verging on the straightforward. Tee hee :lol: :lol: :lol: I find the wait for the certs frustrating and tend to do a bit of speculative IGI, census and parish record digging as well but I'll be seriously vexed if the current lot of certs I've sent for gives the lie to any of my educated guesses.

Anne

Happy Paddy's Day.
Anne
Researching M(a)cKenzie, McCammond, McLachlan, Kerr, Assur, Renton, Redpath, Ferguson, Shedden, Also Oswald, Le/assels/Lascelles, Bonning just for starters

Andy

Straightforward 1 ?

Post by Andy » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:14 pm

Thanks for ALL your help, I've managed to track down the hide-and-seek experts.

Some weren't hiding, they were in Germany for, at least, 13 years.

Couldn't have done it without you!
Searching for Keogh, Kelly, Fitzgerald, Riddell, Stewart, Wilson, McQuilkin, Lynch, Boyle, Cairney, Ross, King, McIlravey, McCurdy, Drennan and Woods (to name but a few).

Also looking for any information on Rathlin Island, County Antrim, Ireland.