Irish BMD indexes now on Family Search!!!!!

Northern Ireland and Eire

Moderator: Global Moderators

LesleyB

Irish BMD indexes now on Family Search!!!!!

Post by LesleyB » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:15 pm

Put out the flags!!

It seems the Indexes to the Irish Civil BDM Registers have now been uploaded onto the LDS pilot site at:
http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsea ... t.html#p=0

As far as I'm aware, these include all Ireland 1845-1921, and the Republic of Ireland 1922-1958.
In addition, the search results page brings up a listing from which you can navigate to a scan of the original index page, FOR NO CHARGE!!!!

Christmas?? Hey, it does not get much better than this!! :mrgreen:

[many-greens] [many-greens] [many-greens] [many-greens]

I may be away for some time......

LesleyB

Post by LesleyB » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:42 pm

I'm not sure what is missing here, and maybe it is me not using the search correctly but it seems that there is something blippy going on with the search engine...

-I looked for a marriage of a Martha Connelly, anywhere in Ireland checking each year between 1880 - 1892 and it tells me there are none, which cannot be correct! I've seen some on other sites e.g. there is a Martha Connelly marries a William Mercer in Antrim in 1888 and it's not finding him either...

- It also tells me there are no Samuel Smiths born in Ireland in 1892, and I know that there are at least five Samuel Smiths in that year listed in the indexes.

:roll: Was beginning to think I'd wasted some money ordering indexes recently from LDS, but at the moment, this seems the more reliable way to go. Hope it is just teething issues with the database.

Hmm...

WilmaM

Post by WilmaM » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:50 pm

Certainly looks interesting........

I've found the entry for my Grandfather [though I do have his original] now by process of elimination I could work out his parent's marriage - when I have the time.
Wilma

LesleyB

Post by LesleyB » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:58 pm

Search engine seems to be giving me zero returns for lots of searches now...perhaps it is just being swamped with requests and can't cope...

Glad you found something Wilma! :D

HeatherH
Global Moderator

Post by HeatherH » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:29 am

Fandantastic!!!
I was going to have a quick look in TS at the latest posts and head to bed but now....better get the kettle on. :D
Good Luck everyone,
Heather
Looking for ...but not limited to Haldane ,Keir ,McLauchlan ,Walker ,Torrance , Reid ,Clark ,Johnstone ,Holmes ,Laurie ,Lawrie ,Strachan , McIlwee ,Welsh ,Queate ,Stewert ,McNight ,Steele ,Cockburn ,Young ....whew! That's more than enough for now.

Anne H
Global Moderator

Post by Anne H » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:27 am

Wonderful! I believe I may have found three of my elusive Clunas family. I looked everywhere for them but never thought of Ireland until today. :shock: :D

Regards,
Anne H

trish58

Post Subject

Post by trish58 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:04 am

I seem to be having the same problem as Lesley, everything is a zero result even with variations in spelling.

Keeping fingers crossed. :)

Trish
searching. Rae, Kennedy, Agnew, McConnell, Singleton, Appleton, Feeney, Fury, & many more

HeatherH
Global Moderator

Post by HeatherH » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:14 am

I can find Queate no problem. Also see the actual index the info was taken from a bonus. However to prove they are my lot or not I still have to see the actual register (sigh) Back to planning an irish holiday and packing a shovel for my digging.
Happier Hunting,
Heather
Looking for ...but not limited to Haldane ,Keir ,McLauchlan ,Walker ,Torrance , Reid ,Clark ,Johnstone ,Holmes ,Laurie ,Lawrie ,Strachan , McIlwee ,Welsh ,Queate ,Stewert ,McNight ,Steele ,Cockburn ,Young ....whew! That's more than enough for now.

LesleyB

Post by LesleyB » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:08 pm

Hi Trish
We are not the only ones....there have been similar problems happening for other folk on an Irish mailing list that I susbscibe to: I gather that not selecting a particular event (B D or M) will return lots of names, which it seems to do 'cos I've tried that, but the resulting problem is that then there are pages and pages of irrelevant events to sift through*..... I have emailed them using their comments button, so once they realise there is a problem if a few folk are saying simmilar things, with any luck it will be an issue which is addressed soon.

* but you can use the filters up the top of the page to start filtering the results.

Oh, and whilst I'm whinging, copy & pasting of results does not seem to be an option.... :roll:

Best wishes
Lesley

Tracey
Global Moderator

Post by Tracey » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:03 pm

Snap Lesley and Trish

I am getting "no results" for my searches as well.
Scotland - Donaldson / Moggach / Shaw / Geddes / Sim / Gray / Mackie / Richards / Joel / Coull / Mckimmie / Panton / McGregor
Ireland and Scotland - Casey / McDade / Phillips / McCandle / Dinely / Comaskey + various spellings