GRONI

Northern Ireland and Eire

Moderator: Global Moderators

LesleyB

Re: GRONI

Post by LesleyB » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:05 pm

Hi Andrew
Good to know I was not completely losing the plot!! :lol: One day it may be "possibel" for me to type more accurately though!!
( I live in hope....)
Best wishes
Lesley

emamc

Post by emamc » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:11 pm

I am interested in your Robert Young. I have one born in 1869 in Maghera - possibly Castledawson, Derry. His parents are Thomas Young and Martha Brown, he had a brother George and a sister Sarah Jane. Are any of these names familiar?
Researching names: McQuade; Lynn; McSporran; Sweeney; Madden; Smith; McIlvaine; Burns; Burgess; McFarlane; Deignan; Barr; McMurchie: Dumbarton/Glasgow/Campbeltown/Co Tyrone, Monaghan, Down, Derry and Donegal

Currie

Post by Currie » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:37 pm

Hello Ailsa,

In the Irish Times, 6 May, 1911, there’s a report of a road accident the previous Monday near Greencastle. A Mr. Robert H. Young, described as “a well-known car inspector in the employment of the Belfast Corporation” was killed.

Could he be the Robert Hamilton Young?

All the best,
Alan

crayspond

Post by crayspond » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:44 am

Hi all,
crayspond wrote:Hi Eric,

This is the one i found - the marriage date is not the same - also my Robert was a bachelor on his marriage cert. (Although he might not have been telling the truth).

Ailsa

Eric and Alan, sorry I meant to say the Robert Hamilton Young was married in 1894 in Armagh, whereas my Robert Young was married in 1903 and is a bachelor at the time. Also Hamilton never occurs in any other details i have of him.
Thanks for taking the time to look.

Regards
Ailsa