Very useful site .....

Northern Ireland and Eire

Moderator: Global Moderators

Andy

Very useful site .....

Post by Andy » Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:27 am

Liam McFaul, originally of Larne now in the Netherlands, has been into Genealogy for a good while now.

Liam has hosted a number of very useful sites his latest is at http://irishgenealogy.net (not available at present he's moving hosts).

However, another host has the Bulletin Board http://irishgenealogy.net/cp/forum/index.php This is a great repository for all kinds of Irish Genealogical goodies. Helpful folk have posted indexes, lists and transcripts. These include:

1796 Irish Flax Growers List.
1851 Co. Antrim Census
Griffiths Valuation 1861-62 of Co.Antrim Index by SURNAME
Griffiths Valuation 1861-62 of Co.Antrim Index by Parish
Graveyard Records
And much more.....

Particularly useful are the short articles posted by some very informed users detailing what records are available and where to find them.

Liam, himself, has put in a considerable amount of effort and the site deserves to do well. I've just rediscovered the site and have registered (for free) as a user.
Searching for Keogh, Kelly, Fitzgerald, Riddell, Stewart, Wilson, McQuilkin, Lynch, Boyle, Cairney, Ross, King, McIlravey, McCurdy, Drennan and Woods (to name but a few).

Also looking for any information on Rathlin Island, County Antrim, Ireland.

Jack

Re: Very useful site

Post by Jack » Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:08 pm

Hi Andy,

Thanks for letting us know; indeed it does look very useful - i've now registered.

Jack
-----
ps Well done to your daughter & friends - they must be a very good choir; and no doubt they did enjoy themselves too.

HK

Post by HK » Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:08 pm

Hello Andy,I've been a member for awhile now but the parts you mentioned are not always accessable.Also had some other problems so be warned when sharing info.
HK

Alison Plenderleith

Post by Alison Plenderleith » Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:21 pm

Hi Andy,
Thanks from me too. I've just registered as well.

All the best

Alison :)