Seeking help finding my McMullen and McCallion lines.....

Northern Ireland and Eire

Moderator: Global Moderators

qbeebill1

Seeking help finding my McMullen and McCallion lines.....

Post by qbeebill1 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:42 am

My name is William Kerr, and I have a Mcmullen line in my family. do not know much about them. my McMullen line goes like this :(workin backwards)
Christine Mc Mullen married a John Callion.
The had a daughter who was called Margaret Mc Callion(died 5th may 1911 in Scotland ?) she married my GGG Grandfather William Carr(who was born abt 1841 in Londonderry I think) They had a son called George Car who my GG Grandfather. born abt 1876 at St Eugen Catholic Cathedrial, Londonderry.
He married Catherine Houston(born abt 1878 in Coatbridge,Scotland.) on 17th may 1893 in County Donegal.george Kerr died 23 Jan 1910 in Coatbridge and Catherine died 25 Feb 1953.

I think thats enough history to give you and idea of my family line.
If you can help please I would be greatful. Bill

Liz Turner
Global Moderator

Post by Liz Turner » Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:17 pm

Dear Bill

See you've not had any replies yet to your post. I'm only just beginning my Irish searching myself, and beginning to realise how tricky it's going to be (bit of an understatement, I fear!).

I hope you manage to find out more. It's worth "refreshing" your post from time to time as new people join up regularly and ... you never know!

All the best!

Liz
Fife: Nicolson, Cornfoot, Walker, Gibson, Balsillie, Galt, Elder
NE Scot: Nicolson, Lindsay, Haliburton, Ross
Edin & Central: Nicolson, Blaikie, Stevenson, Ross, Hotchkiss, Suttie, Christie, Clelland, Gray, Purvis, Lang, Dickson
Ross & Cromarty: Ross

mcveye

Re: Seeking help finding my McMullen and McCallion lines....

Post by mcveye » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:46 am

My grandmother Catherine Henderson, daughter of Catherine McMullen, married Joseph McCallion, son of Alexander McCallion. Although, my grandmother was born in Glasgow, SCT, the McMullen's were from Kilrea, IRE and the McCallion's from Coleraine, IRE. Catherine McMullen's parents were Thomas and Matilda (Lees). Alexander McCallion's parents were James and Adalina (Smyth).

I'm not sure if you may have come across any of these names but if so, I would appreciate if you could shed some light on these families. It's a long shot, but I thought I'd take a chance.

ninatoo

Re: Seeking help finding my McMullen and McCallion lines....

Post by ninatoo » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:36 am

mcveye wrote:My grandmother Catherine Henderson, daughter of Catherine McMullen, married Joseph McCallion, son of Alexander McCallion. Although, my grandmother was born in Glasgow, SCT, the McMullen's were from Kilrea, IRE and the McCallion's from Coleraine, IRE. Catherine McMullen's parents were Thomas and Matilda (Lees). Alexander McCallion's parents were James and Adalina (Smyth).

I'm not sure if you may have come across any of these names but if so, I would appreciate if you could shed some light on these families. It's a long shot, but I thought I'd take a chance.
I have a John McCallion who married Catherine Madden, and he was the son of James McCallion and Adelina Sneath. I suspect this man is from the same family as yours, a brother to your Alexander. They had several children, all born in Glasgow.

I also have an Agnes McCallion (AKA Campbell) who married Hugh Mooney. They married in Co. Antrim. Father was Phillip McCallion, mother Catherine McKeon. When researching her I came across some information about some McCallions changing their surname to Campbell. I am not sure of the reason.

Nina
Researching: Easton ( Renfrewshire, Dunbarton and Glasgow), Corr (Londonderry and Glasgow), Carson (Co. Down, Irvine, Ayrshire and Glasgow), Logan (Londonderry and Glasgow)