Clydebank Blitz

Useful places to look up facts

Moderator: Global Moderators

apanderson

Clydebank Blitz

Post by apanderson » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:06 pm

I'm not sure that this is the correct place for this .....?

The Scottish War Memorial Project has just had a new thread with photos of the name panels on the Memorial in Old Dalnotter Cemetery.

Have a look: http://warmemscot.s4.bizhat.com/viewtop ... warmemscot

Anne

joette
Global Moderator

Re: Clydebank Blitz

Post by joette » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:09 pm

Thanks for that Anne.Ver poignant especially seeing the McDonald children & Mother-friends of my Grandparents & their daughter was my Mum's wee pal.
I wonder if Dalmuir park still has the WW1 Roll of Honour displayed from Beardmores.It was damaged in the Blitz & when Beardmores was demolished decanted to Dalmuir Park.The shrapnel damage was evident & a timely reminder of our Town's past.
Researching:SCOTT,Taylor,Young,VEITCH LINLEY,MIDLOTHIAN
WADDELL,ROSS,TORRANCE,GOVAN/DALMUIR/Clackmanannshire
CARR/LEITCH-Scotland,Ireland(County Donegal)
LINLEY/VEITCH-SASK.Canada
ALSO BROWN,MCKIMMIE,MCDOWALL,FRASER.
Greer/Grier,Jenkins/Jankins

Anne H
Global Moderator

Post by Anne H » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:57 pm

Thanks, Anne. Two of my Russell family plus the mother's parents are on that memorial. Lovely photos.

Regards,
Anne H

SueRS

Post by SueRS » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:46 am

Clydebank Heritage Centre are planning an exhibition next March for the 75th anniversary of the Clydebank Blitz which will last all year. We're holding a meeting on 22nd September to gather everyone's thoughts on how to commemorate it and set up a project group. We have some ideas of our own but want to get as many people involved as possible, people who lived through it or who were brought up hearing stories about it, or who live elsewhere because of it etc. There will be two meetings, so that everyone can come, on Tuesday 22nd September at 4pm and 6pm in Clydebank Library. Please do come and also spread the word.

Part of the plan is collect more oral histories so some of the things you've been talking about here would be most welcome.

Sue