Canada, USA, Mexico, Central America, South America, Carribean

Moderator: Global Moderators

jillybean75

Post by jillybean75 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:09 am

Hiya everyone,

I'm Jill and I'm a Scottish expat who has just moved over to the States. Staying with a friend just outside of NY and trying to decide where to go and what to do. Got a fairly benign job but I just wanted to try living somewhere different, and luckly my friend offered to rent me a room!

So hello to everyone!

Jill

Russell

Re: Newbie

Post by Russell » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:04 am

Hi Jill [welcome]

Glad you decided to join us. You'll have noticed that our regular contributors are spread across the globe so a few thousand miles of ocean can't keep a Scot from asking pertinent questions. When you get stuck with the ](*,) that most of us have come up against we have folk on here who can come up with some inspired deductions.

Russell
Working on: Oman, Brock, Miller/Millar, in Caithness.
Roan/Rowan, Hastings, Sharp, Lapraik in Ayr & Kirkcudbrightshire.
Johnston, Reside, Lyle all over the place !
McGilvray(spelt 26 different ways)
Watson, Morton, Anderson, Tawse, in Kilrenny

marilyn morning
Global Moderator

Re: Newbie

Post by marilyn morning » Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:04 pm

I'm Jill and I'm a Scottish expat who has just moved over to the States. Staying with a friend just outside of NY and trying to decide where to go and what to do.
Hi Jill,

Welcome to TalkingScot and the United States! Are you trying to decide where and what to do in the US or in the genealogy world? :) We do have a member here on TS who lives in Rye, NY and she's also and expat, maybe I could contact her and the two of you could communicate through e-mail. Perhaps she could give you some pointers on where direction to take for your next adventure? I'll drop her a note and direct her to this thread.

Regards
Marilyn