michael O'Neil 1801-hanora O'Neil 1803 Ireland-canada-N.Y...

Canada, USA, Mexico, Central America, South America, Carribean

Moderator: Global Moderators

sham-rock

michael O'Neil 1801-hanora O'Neil 1803 Ireland-canada-N.Y...

Post by sham-rock » Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:22 pm

I'm attempting to verify the townland of michael and hanora who lft ireland in 1850 for canada. They left with children michael 1836, john 1843, hanorah 1844 and Eliza 1846. family legend says only co. kilkenny Ireland. griffiths showed tullaroan had 2 michael o'neils and ballycalan had 1. can anyone help and see if tullaroan is the home townland of these O'Neil's?
Thank You,
sham-rock

marilyn morning
Global Moderator

Post by marilyn morning » Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:54 pm

Hello Sham-rock

Welcome to TalkingScot! We wish you Good Luck with your research.

Have you tried to search the IGI for a marraige of Michael & Hanora or the births of their children? I took a quick glance and their are several possible matches.

Here is a Michael O'Neil b. abt 1836 listed in the 1881 Canadia Census listed at www.familysearch.org

Michael O'Neil

Other Information
Birth Year 1836
Birthplace Ireland
Age 45
Occupation Brakeman
Marital Status M <married>
Ethnic Origin Irish
Head of Household Michael O'Neil
Religion Roman Catholic

Source Information
Census Place Belleville, Hastings West, Ontario
Family History Library Film 1375874
NA Film Number C-13238
District 121
Sub-district C
Division 1
Page Number 16
Household Number 86

Regards
Marilyn
Dogs leave paw prints on your heart.
Maxine Morning b. 23 April 1998 d. 14 Nov. 2008
http://talkingscot.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-1718

sham-rock

michael o'neil 1801 hanora o'neil 1849 departure irl-can-NY

Post by sham-rock » Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:58 pm

Marilyn, thanks. I believe the michael you mentioned to be the son of my immigrant gg grandfather michael born 1801. The family settled for a time in the bytown area of ottawa/richmond ontario and were members of st phillip's catholic church there for a time prior to their departure for their final home in montague, lewis co. new york. I think michael jr remained there in canada. His father michael sr, mother hanora, brother john, and sisters bridget, anna, eliz, and brother arthur,(who is my g grandfather), are buried in the cemetery of the now defunct st's peter and paul catholic church, new boston, new york.Sometimes this town is listed as Pinckney, Lewis co. n.y. Still, i'm seeking confirmation on tullaroan as the hometown.