J CAMPBELL & M SHARP m. EASTWOOD Sct 1850

Canada, USA, Mexico, Central America, South America, Carribean

Moderator: Global Moderators

Alan SHARP

J CAMPBELL & M SHARP m. EASTWOOD Sct 1850

Post by Alan SHARP » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:42 pm

Greetings.

Upon looking, once again, at the G&WFHS guest book, I've spotted an interest, that I must have overlooked in the past.

On April 3, 2006 one James CAMPBELL, of Canada, registered his interest in the Eastwood Parish marriage of James CAMPBELL and Mary SHARP, December 28, 1850, and was looking for interested parties.

As the bans for our Thomas SHARP & Sarah FAULDS were announced there on December 15, 1849 there could well be a connection. [Marshal SHARP and some children were at Pollockshaws/Eastwood at that time, and are in the census]

Unfortunately John CAMPBELL's jbc-yahoo-ca address is no longer active. Anyone familiar with this researcher, please advise of my interest in making contact.

Alan SHARP.

Edit, added about Pollockshaws.
Last edited by Alan SHARP on Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Currie

Re: J CAMPBELL & M SHARP m. EASTWOOD SCt 1850

Post by Currie » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:18 am

Hello Alan,

There’s a Sharp/Eastwood link in this message on the Sharp Family Genealogy Forum at GenForum. http://genforum.genealogy.com/sharp/messages/4809.html

There are quite a few Renfrew references in the main list but they all look to be pretty old.

All the best,
Alan

Alan SHARP

Re: J CAMPBELL & M SHARP m. EASTWOOD SCt 1850

Post by Alan SHARP » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:47 pm

Thanks Ozzie Alan.

Yes that one was of some interest to me several years ago, mainly because the John SHARP'S have a connection by marriage with the JACKSON'S of Hamilton Lanarkshire. Jessie CAMPBELL & John JACKSON in the 1860's and Jessie’s niece Mary Kirkwood CAMPBELL married John JACKSON Jnr, if memory serves me correctly. During WWI the NZ branch of the John SHARP's renewed contact with the Hamilton JACKSON'S and kept in contact for over 50 years. I have mentioned them, on some of my other posts on TS. Unfortunately I struggle with remembering pass words, and don't have the perseverance, for being active on all the genealogical sites going. TS moderator's have been very accommodating and helpful, so this is my preferred site for my genealogical quests, as I have other research projects on the go to do with WWI & WWII, pioneering apple tree imports into NZ, plus my primary research into stoopless milking. A field I am yet to find another involved in, so all very consuming of my limited free time.

I believe the poster of that thread "c soares" I was unsuccessful in making contact with, when I first came upon the post.

Thanks, Alan SHARP.

PS. October 16, 2011. I now have contact with John CAMPBELL, a cousin of Wallace JACKSON.

PS. Note how we keep getting only a limited number of surnames, that keep on poping up, again and again, it reminds me of the snakes and ladders board game, when you try to sort them all out. Today's ease of travel allows for much greater variety.