Forums in New Zealand

Pacific and Antarctic Ocean

Moderator: Global Moderators

trish1

Re: random act of kindness site

Post by trish1 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:14 am

jam1255 wrote:
Trish, that was your random act of kindness. Thank you. I'd never heard of this site, I was just browsing through here 10 minutes ago, followed your link, and posted a request there a few minutes later to someone in Auckland. Can you believe she's replied already?

How did anyone ever get any research done without the aid of the internet?

Best wishes,
Ann
I second that Ann!!

:D about discovering Trish's link too.

Thanks again Trish. =D>
Regards
Judy
I had completely forgotten I had posted on this thread until I was browsing today Judy - genealogy always seems to me to be one of the few pursuits where participants love to help each other without thought of payment and reward - probably just the thrill of finding that missing piece of information that reveals all. I've just had an internet friend, whom I met on a message board, copy a sasine for me in Edinburgh - all I had as a reference was the mention of the name of a farm in a will - yet another act of genealogical kindness.

Do hope your searching is successful

Trish

jam1255

Re: random act of kindness site

Post by jam1255 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:17 pm

trish1 wrote:
I had completely forgotten I had posted on this thread until I was browsing today Judy - genealogy always seems to me to be one of the few pursuits where participants love to help each other without thought of payment and reward - probably just the thrill of finding that missing piece of information that reveals all.

Trish
So very true!!!

I'm a little :oops: though Trish......I didn't do very good with posting quote from
Ann In the UK dated Tue May 12, 2009 6:42 am ,which is the one I pickup on. Still learning :lol:

I can now say, I too, have tried Random Acts of Genealogical kindness. An excellent site to know of.

So, many thanks again!!
Judy
Scotland/New Zealand/Australia
Gillies/Duncan/McFarlane/Thomson/Webb/
McPhie/Shaw/Gentle(s)