WALMSLEY FAMILY of NEWCASTLE

Pacific and Antarctic Ocean

Moderator: Global Moderators

John Bird

WALMSLEY FAMILY of NEWCASTLE

Post by John Bird » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:56 am

Hi

Seeking to make contact with anyone related Joseph Walmsley and Bridget Power. He was born about 1819 in Lancashire England and came to Australia settling in Newcastle about 1850. Bridget was born in County Galway Ireland about 1833, They had 9 children (1) Ellen m Nicholas Johns (2) Alice m Albert Edward Bird
(3) Robert m Mary Winter (4) Joseph m Charlotte Shepherd (5) mary m John Stafford (6) Frederick m Rose Gibson (7) William m Ellen Prinneville (8) Lavinia m Herbert Solloway (9) Constance m George Broughton

I would appreciate hearing from anyone research the Walmsley family

thanks

John Bird

paddyscar
Site Admin

Re: WALMSLEY FAMILY of NEWCASTLE

Post by paddyscar » Fri May 13, 2011 12:05 am

No replies so far, John. Perhaps bringing it to the top, may be of interest to some new member.

Frances
John Kelly (b 22 Sep 1897) eldest child of John Kelly & Christina Lipsett Kelly of Glasgow

woodwerm

Post by woodwerm » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:41 am

John

I am a descendent of Joseph WALMSLEY in Newcastle. He was my g-g-g-grandfather. His daughter Ellen WALMSELY married Nicholas Johns.

I have obtained a copy of his will and I have photographs of his and Bridget Powers graves in Sandgate Cemetery, Newcastle.

If you go to this link

http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/familyHistory ... ecords.htm

You will be able to search the NSW Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages. This will give you basic details about their descendants.

I have done a bit of research on Joseph. I have only recently started looking at him again.

Regards

Nigel

SarahND
Site Admin

Post by SarahND » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:37 am

Hello NIgel and welcome to Talking Scot!
John has not been on the forum since last May, but he should get a notice in his email of a reply to this topic and see your post. If not, perhaps sending him a private message would be the way to go.

All the best,
Sarah

woodwerm

Post by woodwerm » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:01 pm

Thanks for that Sarah I will give that a go.

Nigel