James Tracey and Agnes/Ann Hearty, Wanganui, New Zealand

Pacific and Antarctic Ocean

Moderator: Global Moderators

StewL

Re: James Tracey and Agnes/Ann Hearty, Wanganui, New Zealand

Post by StewL » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:05 am

Hello spacecookie
[TS_welcome]
Ann H should get notification of your post and reply to you shortly.
Enjoy TS it is a great, friendly site :)
Stewie

Searching for: Anderson, Balks, Barton, Courtney, Davidson, Downie, Dunlop, Edward, Flucker, Galloway, Graham, Guthrie, Higgins, Laurie, Mathieson, McLean, McLuckie, Miln, Nielson, Payne, Phillips, Porterfield, Stewart, Watson

Anne H
Global Moderator

Post by Anne H » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:45 pm

Hi spacecookie, and a warm welcome to TalkingScot from me too. :D

I haven't actually done anything on this family for a quite a while but I'll be happy to share notes with you with what I have.

Just arrived home from Minneapolis a few hours ago and am exhausted. Give me a day or two to get my bearings and I'll send you a PM.

Regards,
Anne H

spacecookie

Post by spacecookie » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:02 am

Hi, i have a death cert for James Joseph Tracey in my family . Died abt 30 jan 1897, born Baillieboro co Cavan Ireland age 33. Wife Agnes anne Heirty. Father Donald Tracey, mother Catherine Margaret Tracey. Mothers maiden name Currie. hope this helps.

Anne H
Global Moderator

Post by Anne H » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:56 am

Hi,

Looks like we have the same document. Another contact kindly shared the DC with me, however, James Joseph was 65 yrs old according the DC, although I think he would have been closer to 77 yrs. I can't verify the correctness of his parents names but his wife is correct (correct spelling is Hearty or Harty).

As I mentioned in my PM to you, sorry I don't have anything on your direct line of descendants other than index entries.

Good luck with your continued search.

[cheers]
Anne H

eggplants87

Post by eggplants87 » Sun May 04, 2014 2:55 am

Hi these people are related to my husband, whose tree I am doing at the moment. If you are still on this board please get in touch.

Anne H
Global Moderator

Post by Anne H » Sun May 04, 2014 10:38 am

Hi eggplants87 and [TS_welcome]

Nice to hear there are other relatives out there.

I see that there was also a pm about this family from you, but nothing written. Try again, I'd love to hear from you.

Regards,
Anne H

eggplants87

Post by eggplants87 » Sun May 04, 2014 8:54 pm

Hi Anne, great to hear back from you, I have been trying to get in touch with you for a while but have had lots of hick-ups!
James Joseph Tracey and Agnes Ann Hearty had a son and a daughter, son Thomas James had four children (two sons-two daughters). One of his daughters, Agnes Ann is my husband's grandmother. Have you got details for the more recent generations? :)

Anne H
Global Moderator

Post by Anne H » Sun May 04, 2014 11:56 pm

Hi again,
James Tracey and Ann Hearty actually had three sons born in Scotland, James (1856-1857), twins, Patrick (1858-?) and Thomas (1858-1933) and daughter Catherine born England 1859-1924.

I know Thomas was married to Louisa Hollingsworth and got as far as looking up the children’s births online.

Since this is your husband’s family, you probably have the following births:
1881/16179 Tracey Charles Henry Edward – Parents: Louisa, Thomas James
1882/10410 Tracey Thomas James William – Parents: Louisa, Thomas James
1883/16003 Tracey Agnes Ann - Parents: Louisa, Thomas James
1889/8231 Tracey Louisa Catherine – Parents: Louisa, Thomas James

I haven’t actually researched the Tracey family any further than this. I've no doubt your own records are probably more recent than mine.

Regards,
Anne

eggplants87

Post by eggplants87 » Mon May 05, 2014 1:29 am

Hello, Thank you for the information, I did not know about the twin. I am going to the library to-day in hopes I might be able to find something. Will let you know if I do. May I ask which branch of this family you belong to? Cheers Shona

Anne H
Global Moderator

Post by Anne H » Mon May 05, 2014 2:39 am

Hi Shona,

Unless you happen to be in Scotland, you will only get the births online at Scotland'sPeople (for a small fee).

The twins boys are registered as Patrick and James Casey - my great grandmother, Helen McDonald registered the births and probably with her Irish accent, the Registrar took Tracey to be Casey and since she signed with an 'X' wouldn't have realized the error. They were also baptized under the name Casey. It took me many years before finding these births.

By the way, Thomas is registered as James. Somewhere between his birth in 1858 and the 1861 census he became Thomas (unless there was another child that I'm not finding named Thomas James).

Patrick and James were born 11th Feb 1858 at Steel Street, Coatbridge, Lanark, Scotland. Patrick was an hour older than James (or Thomas). They were baptized at St. Patrick's, Coatbridge 23rd Feb 1858 by Fr. John O'Dwyer. Sponsors were Bridget Callaghan for Patrick and Mary McArdle for James.

The family moved to England before going to New Zealand and there is a likely death for Patrick 2nd Qtr 1858 in Stockton, England.

Ann Hearty was my 2xgreat aunt - my great great grandfather Patrick's sister, and they didn't make it easy to find them. :?

Regards,
Anne