Want to contact a relative in south africa

North, Central, South

Moderator: Global Moderators

Dennis

Want to contact a relative in south africa

Post by Dennis » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:34 am

Hi.:) I have an address from a 2002 death record of a person's dad.

46 Twelfth Avenue Parktown North 2193 South Africa However, I have no idea if it is an apartment bldg or a home or if there are any places nearby who know the person and can give them my email address. I know the person was born July 7, 1961. The person is the only connection I have to the youngest of the 3 girls who went to South Africa after ww2.

Anybody know that area?

regards. dennis
Names of interest: Lennox McKenna Airth Skirving Veitch Laird Drysdale Bennett Colledge Baird Blades Barker Dow Mitchell Perkins Rielly Stewart Tulloch Wright Ure, Ritch Richardson, Whyte
Places of Interest: Dunbarney, Forfar, East London (S.Africa)

Currie

Re: Want to contact a relative in south africa

Post by Currie » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:11 am

Hello Dennis,

A Google for that address brings up Randburg 2193. http://www.google.com.au/webhp?complete ... 80&bih=840

If they haven’t changed the numbers this may be it. The pink place is 46a and there’s 46.
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ll=-2 ... 9,,0,-1.95

All the best,
Alan

Dennis

Post by Dennis » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:03 pm

Thanks Alan,

I must check to see if there are any shops or gov't offices nearby who may know of her:)

dennis
Names of interest: Lennox McKenna Airth Skirving Veitch Laird Drysdale Bennett Colledge Baird Blades Barker Dow Mitchell Perkins Rielly Stewart Tulloch Wright Ure, Ritch Richardson, Whyte
Places of Interest: Dunbarney, Forfar, East London (S.Africa)

keltyk

Post by keltyk » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:57 am

Hi Dennis,

I grew up not far from the address that you mention and go past the end of the road every single morning on my way to work. I can tell you that it would have been a residential house, but will have to go and check that it has not been turned into a business as many of these large old houses have been in latter years.

If you let me have the name of the individual you are trying to contact, if you have not already made contact that is. I will look through the local telephone directory and see whether they are still listed at this address. I may infact know the name as the person is much the same age as me, and there was really only one public primary school that most of us attended in the area.

Hope this helps.

Karen

LesleyB

Post by LesleyB » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:18 pm

hi Dennis

If taking Karen up on her kind offer, please use a PM to relay any information about possibly living persons.

Thanks

Best wishes
Lesley