Help Deciphering Birthplace.....

The History and Geography of Auld Scotia

Moderators: Global Moderators, Russell

JustJean

Post by JustJean » Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:33 pm

Hi Laura

Hmmmm....a name?.....Pink Tartan?......Spartan Tartan?......MM Tartan?.....Morris Geekie Composite Tartan?.......I'm out of suggestions..... :roll:

I know :idea: We'll have a contest!!! Submit your entries for naming Malcolm's Plaid.......(sorry no prizes will be awarded... :( )

Best wishes (especially to Malcolm :) )
Jean

Malcolm

Getiton Tarton

Post by Malcolm » Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:21 pm

Laura’s Fitton post has been puton one side here but I have hitton an idea. When I slipon my tarton and tryon the clipon sporron I will name it getiton from nowon. Hootsmon!
Many thank’s to JustJean
I have to geton now
Malcom
Morris (formerly Morrice) of Fife and Geekie of Scone

Laura

Re: Historical Boatmen

Post by Laura » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:17 am

Laura wrote:Dear Malcolm,

It is at times like these that I appreciate the wonders of technology. Here I sit in my log cabin in the Rocky Mountains of Canada reading a wonderful account of what life was like for my gggrandfather, told by a person sitting at a keyboard in a civilized part of England.

No, Malcolm, you are not getting carried away. Who better than a sailor to put meat on the bones of a fisherman in 1850 Scotland. When I see pictures of the Loch Fyne area, I can well imagine the attraction. I have a standing date for lunch at the Loch Fyne Oyster Bar at Cairndow if I ever get my act together and plan my trip.
I came across this old thread, while searching for something else, and decided to post an update. It took me a while, but I'm happy to report that I did get that lunch date at the Loch Fyne Oyster Bar at Cairndow on very hot, sunny day and it did not disappoint.