BUCHANAN/HUNT ANCESTORS - HELP NEEDED PLEASE

Looking for Scottish Ancestors

Moderator: Global Moderators

rubeaz

BUCHANAN/HUNT

Post by rubeaz » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:42 am

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know my William Buchanan is not the Engineer :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I am so so so sorry you all have gone to so much
trouble in helping me.

My William Buchanan in the Carpet Cropper who is still causing me alot of stress. According to his death certificate in 1910 he took his own life at Templetons Carpet Factory. :cry:

I have posted a new topic to see if I can get a photo of the factory.

Regards Kay

rubeaz

BUCHANAN/HUNT

Post by rubeaz » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:08 am

It's me again

:oops: :oops: :oops:

My William Buchanan is the Carpet Cropper

My Thomas Hunt is the Engine Keeper

:? Too confusing trying to follow both ancestors at once.

Please ignore my previous post. :wink:

Sorry, sorry, sorry

rubeaz

BUCHANAN/HUNT

Post by rubeaz » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:10 pm

Back again - All of you at TS will be getting tired of me :oops: :oops:

I can't understand William Hamilton being the 1st husband of Margaret Elliot and Thomas Hunt as the 2nd :?:

The Elliot/Hunt marriage produced children Mary Ann B1846 and I found another 1856 Thomas Henry Hunt which I will upload to the gallery with all my other documents. http://talkingscot.com/gallery/displayi ... ?pos=-1830

The Elliot/Hamilton marriage produced a child William born 1868 :roll: :roll:

Hope I am not being too much of a pain.

I do appreciate the help as I am not yet very experienced in any of this :oops:

Cheers Kay

URL added by paddyscar

paddyscar
Site Admin

Post by paddyscar » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:43 pm

Hi Kay:

Have you thought of making a timeline for these records? That option may be available in whatever software you are using for your genealogy, or can be done to a degree on ScotlandsPeople.

There are also charts available online
http://www.vertex42.com/ExcelArticles/c ... eline.html - be aware that some of these forms are free, and others involve a charge.

Going through such a process might determine the proper flow - ie. who married whom first ... and may even sort out whether there is more than one family involved in all these certificates.

The above link shows a typical timeline.

Also some software packages allow you to make more than one family tree - is that an option that you could use to determine who is the horse and who is the cart?

Frances
John Kelly (b 22 Sep 1897) eldest child of John Kelly & Christina Lipsett Kelly of Glasgow

nelmit

Re: BUCHANAN/HUNT

Post by nelmit » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:12 pm

rubeaz wrote:Back again - All of you at TS will be getting tired of me :oops: :oops:

I can't understand William Hamilton being the 1st husband of Margaret Elliot and Thomas Hunt as the 2nd :?:

The Elliot/Hamilton marriage produced a child William born 1868 :roll: :roll:

Cheers Kay

URL added by paddyscar
That Margaret Elliot was born in 1837 and living at Wigtown so cannot possibly be the mother of your Mary Ann Hunt.

Here she is in 1871-

William Hamilton 35
Margaret Hamilton 34
Jane Hamilton 12
Thomas Hamilton 9
Henry Hamilton 7
Elizabeth Hamilton 5
William Hamilton 3
James Hamilton 10 Mo

Good advice from Frances about creating a tree - let's you see things more clearly.

Your certs seem to have been deleted from the gallery by the way. **

Regards,
Annette

** not deleted - last one was awaiting approval - done now, others still there (should be visible to all) - AndrewP

rubeaz

BUCHANAN/HUNT

Post by rubeaz » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:51 am

Hello Annette and Frances :D

I told you I am not very good at this ancestry thing :!: :!: - Scotlands People are making a small fortune out of me :roll: . I think I get a bit confused using the LDS site as well :? .
Anyway, I will certainly take your advice and set up a timeline for a better look at things 8) .
Once I get things cleared up - I am sure I'll be back.
Hope you won't mind hearing from me again :oops: :oops: .

Kind regards Kay - you both have been very patient and generous with your time and efforts.

Thanks again KAY :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

rubeaz

BUCHANAN/HUNT

Post by rubeaz » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:37 pm

Hi Trish :D
Can you please let me know how you found the IGI for BUCHANAN/HUNT children - James, Margaret and William.
You are correct - but I think I am a generation out :oops: :oops: :oops:

rubeaz

BUCHANAN/HUNT

Post by rubeaz » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:40 am

It's me again Annette :D

I just had another look at Margaret Hunt's DC 1874 aged 70 living at 32 Well Street Calton District Glasgow Scotland.
32 Well Street is where William Buchanan and Mary Ann Buchanan nee Hunt were living.
On the 1881 Census from Ancestry.com it states William and Mary's age as 55 which is WRONG - they were actually aged 35 according to a lookup I requested.
Does this make it any clearer for you?
As for me I am in a FOG :oops: :oops:
Cheers Kay

Jakona

Re: BUCHANAN/HUNT ANCESTORS - HELP NEEDED PLEASE

Post by Jakona » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:14 pm

I know this was posted 10 years ago but my gg grandparents were William Buchanan and Mary Ann Hunt. Their daughter Margaret was my great grandmother. Hopefully you will see this and be able to contact me. I am also on the search for family history. They were married in 1863 in Glasgow.