Law family: iron foundries

Looking for Scottish Ancestors

Moderator: Global Moderators

polly snooks

Re: Law family: iron foundries

Post by polly snooks » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:43 am

my gggrandparents were john law and isobel mair. They had 10 children archibald, william, james, euphemia, alexander, john, isabella, robert, george, and finally david, my ggrandfather. Among them they owned both john law and co and j and a law of Rae Street. They were born in Stane, Cambusnethan and can be found in the 1841 census with david but according to the family bible which i have, they died in 1843 and 1847 respectively but i cannot find any death certificates.
archibald's grandson died on the titanic . he was the second violinist in the band named johm hume. buried in halifax nova scotia. Do you want more?

StewL

Post by StewL » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:42 am

Hello Polly Snooks
[TS_welcome]
I am sure your information will be helpful to those interested in this thread
Although this is an older thread. if they have the same email address they will be notified of your post
Stewie

Searching for: Anderson, Balks, Barton, Courtney, Davidson, Downie, Dunlop, Edward, Flucker, Galloway, Graham, Guthrie, Higgins, Laurie, Mathieson, McLean, McLuckie, Miln, Nielson, Payne, Phillips, Porterfield, Stewart, Watson

wtmulloy

Post by wtmulloy » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:57 am

I just found this interesting scan of a book - catalog of cast iron goods from the J & A Law Foundries - you might want to check it out

https://www.engineshed.org/publications ... ad00c40048

Bill Mulloy - descendant of Ann (Miller) Law