William Henry Montmorency Ferrier [Sic.] 1889.

Looking for Scottish Ancestors

Moderator: Global Moderators

Alan SHARP

William Henry Montmorency Ferrier [Sic.] 1889.

Post by Alan SHARP » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:01 pm

Greetings.

Research has been on the back burner of late, as I've been doing 1,000 Km per week, looking for cattle to buy this spring, but tonight I settled back into slowly working through the writings of a Yorkshire man, about his travels in many corners of the world.

The clip below caught my eye, and may just be a snippet that fills a void in someone's research. The year was 1889 and was probably written in January.

Quote....
.....and was made acquainted with a secret. His name was William Henry Montmorency Ferrier, and the secret, that he had lost a fortune, by the failure the Glasgow Bank. I have not given the surname quite correctly, but it is very much like the original....

...End of snippet.

While I have no intererst in him, if he is part of your family, feel free to contact me for more info. While the narrative only covered several paragraphs referring to William, the area concerned is one I have some research knowledge of, and could give pointers for further rersearch by some one with time to invest in this man, and his story.

Alan SHARP.