Mcpherson / Mann, Sherrabeg, Laggan, Kinguessie

Looking for Scottish Ancestors

Moderator: Global Moderators

McphersonMannKing

Mcpherson / Mann, Sherrabeg, Laggan, Kinguessie

Post by McphersonMannKing » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:19 pm

Good day,

I am seeking the following persons however my trail appears to dead end with employment at Sherrabeg as a Sheppard and a Dairy Maid.

Donald Mann birth Jan 26 1784 Laggan, Inverness-shire, Scotland death Feb 8 1848 Acton, Ontario
- Marriage: 04/27/1813
Margory McPherson birth Feb 6 1783 Kinguessie, Scotland death Dec 21 1877 Acton, Ontario

Immigration occurred 1843, around this time period Donald, Margory, their children Alexander (wife Elizabeth Mcpherson), Peter, Hugh and Ranald moved to Canada.

I have plenty of information however I am looking for confirmation of Margory or Donald's birth parents.

Thank you,
Scott

AndrewP
Site Admin

Re: Mcpherson / Mann, Sherrabeg, Laggan, Kinguessie

Post by AndrewP » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:48 am

Hi Scott,

[TS_welcome]

According to the online IGI, Donald's (spelled as Donald Man) parents are Alexander Man and Margaret Kennedy. The original document for this can be downloaded from www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk on a pay per view basis. The index shows that 26-Jan-1784 was the christening date; the birth being two days earlier.

I don't see any exact matches for Margery / Marjory McPherson in Kingussie on the date that you gave. There are some close matches on the ScotlandsPeople website. The index results can be seen free of charge. If you choose to view any of the original documents, that is chargeable.

All the best,

AndrewP