Kennedy family Falkirk, Burns family Kilsyth

Looking for Scottish Ancestors

Moderator: Global Moderators

Val

Kennedy family Falkirk, Burns family Kilsyth

Post by Val » Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:32 am

I am looking for any family of David Kennedy born in Falkirk about 1805.
David married Janet Burns from Kilsyth on 19 November 1830.
I'm interested in the earlier Kennedys or the Burns family from Kilsyth

Cheers from Australia
Val

pricech2

Post by pricech2 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:36 pm

Hi Val,

It's possible we may have a connection but I'm only back to 1850 so far with my BURNS line from Kilsyth.

My ancestor is Janet BURNS born circa 1851, parents Robert BURNS and Elizabeth BURNS maiden surname BURNS.

Regards.............Christine

Val

Burns family

Post by Val » Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:22 am

Hi Christine,

My Janet Burns was born in Kilsyth in 1809 and I have no idea of her parents.
She married David Kennedy on 19 November 1830 in Falkirk.
They had 8 children including Janet Burns Kennedy, my g g grandmother.
Janet married Albert Wallace and they came to Australia in 1855 on the Athletae. They married at St. Peters Church, East Melbourne on 1 January 1856.
Hope we can make some contact.

Cheers
Val

pricech2

Post by pricech2 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:19 pm

Hi Val,

I'll be in contact again after I've checked back further on my two BURNS lines.

Regards...........Christine

pricech2

Post by pricech2 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:37 pm

Hi Val,

One year later and I'm still not sure if we're related.

Robert BURNS and Elizabeth FORRESTER had 8 children (that I know of). Their first was Janet, baptised 10 Jan 1805 in Kilsyth. I know that this is a different date than you have, but I have a feeling that we're talking about the same person. I found that baptism as an extracted record in the IGI. There are also 2 submitted entries in the IGI for a Janet BURNS born in 1809 in Kilsyth, but with no parents mentioned.

I descend from Robert and Elizabeth's youngest child, Robert, baptised in 1824. To really confuse things, he married another BURNS from Kilsyth.

Regards..................Christine

Val

Kennedy Burns family Falkirk

Post by Val » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:23 am

Hi Christine,

Sorry for the long delay in answering.
I'm very interested in your Robert Burns and Elizabeth Forrester as Janet Burns and David Kennedy are my g g grandparents.
I'm particularly interested in finding out the parents of David as it has been a brick wall for ages.
Hope you can help.
I have the Albert Wallace Janet Burns Kennedy family who came out here to Australia and also lots about the Canadian side.

Cheers
Val

pricech2

Post by pricech2 » Mon May 12, 2008 4:34 pm

Hi Val,

Sorry for the delay in replying: I've just relocated from Switzerland to Scotland.

I don't have any other information on Robert BURNS and Elizabeth FORRESTER yet. David KENNEDY was not a blood relation of mine, so unfortunately I don't have any information about his family.

Cheers..............Christine
Burgess, Dustan, George, Gordon, Hutcheon/Hutcheson/Hutchison, M(a)cLeod, Mann, Paterson, Pirie - Banffshire/Moray
Burns, Campbell, Comrie, Mathieson, Millar/Miller, Stirling, Wallace, White/Whyte - Stirlingshire

David Lang

Post by David Lang » Tue May 13, 2008 6:55 pm

Christine

I too have Burns from Falkirk Area around 1830, i also notice you are looking for Stirlings in that area as well.

I have a David Burns marrying a Janet Taylor in 1830 Falkirk , both born around 1800.

Their Daughter Agnes Burns marries in 1851 John Stirling in Denny.

Does it match in with any of your info?

David
Lang/loynachan/oloynachan/Gillies/Scally/McIlchere- Argyll, Denovan/Rollo, Stirling/Burns-Stirling Mackie/Grant/Ingils/Campbell-Aberdeen,Stewart/Bell-Glasgow
Brown-Ardrossan/Dundonald, Gemmell- Johnstone/Partick
McKelvie-Arran/ayrshire

pricech2

Post by pricech2 » Thu May 15, 2008 2:33 pm

Hi David,

Most of my BURNS are from Kilsyth, but some moved to Slammanan and Bo'ness, so there could be a link to be found somewhere. I don't have a match with any of the names you mention, but work is ongoing...

Regards.............Christine
Burgess, Dustan, George, Gordon, Hutcheon/Hutcheson/Hutchison, M(a)cLeod, Mann, Paterson, Pirie - Banffshire/Moray
Burns, Campbell, Comrie, Mathieson, Millar/Miller, Stirling, Wallace, White/Whyte - Stirlingshire

Val

Kennedy family

Post by Val » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:04 am

Hi David,

I don't see any relationship between your Kennedys and mine but it is possible. My David was born around 1805 to John Kennedy. David married Janet Burns Kennedy from Kilsyth and they came to Australia to bring up a large family.
Cheers
Val