Can't see images?

If you are having difficulty with the ScotlandsPeople site, or have answers

Moderator: Global Moderators

ninatoo

Can't see images?

Post by ninatoo » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:55 am

Hi all,

Is anyone else having a problem with SP - not being able to see images, but it seems to think I CAN see them:

I thought it was me, so I updated Java, but still nothing. It was fine two days ago.

Any ideas?

Nina
Researching: Easton ( Renfrewshire, Dunbarton and Glasgow), Corr (Londonderry and Glasgow), Carson (Co. Down, Irvine, Ayrshire and Glasgow), Logan (Londonderry and Glasgow)

AndrewP
Site Admin

Re: Can't see images?

Post by AndrewP » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:04 am

Hi Nina,

I normally use 'Direct Download', which is working fine. I changed over to Java to test this for you, and viewed a couple of images (a TIF file [a death certificate] and a JPG file [a 1911 census page]). Both images showed up successfully for me.

All the best,

AndrewP

ninatoo

Post by ninatoo » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:15 am

Hmm...well it must have just been a glitch because I can see them now. Although I did update Java, it didn't seem to make a difference. So I gave it up for a while and came back and it's working again. Maybe just one of those things! :)
Researching: Easton ( Renfrewshire, Dunbarton and Glasgow), Corr (Londonderry and Glasgow), Carson (Co. Down, Irvine, Ayrshire and Glasgow), Logan (Londonderry and Glasgow)

SarahND
Site Admin

Post by SarahND » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:47 am

It was probably a vote of sympathy and solidarity in the digital images union-- the 1940 U.S. census images are having a really hard time today, so the SP images joined in :lol:

All the best,
Sarah

ninatoo

Post by ninatoo » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:45 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ninatoo

Post by ninatoo » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:05 pm

Me again!

Not altogether sure but I think it might be a problem with Windows update, or maybe a Windows 7 glitch, because I received a big update yesterday and it seemed to have somehow removed java from the PC.

So I downloaded it again, and it worked this time.

:roll:

marilib

Post by marilib » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:36 pm

Hi All,

I've been having this problem. After reading comments, I'll have another go.Thanks.

StewL

Post by StewL » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:16 am

Hello Marilib
[TS_welcome]
TS is a very helpful and friendly site.
If you have any issues with your lang deid yins, this is the forum for you :lol:
Let us know who you are researching, you might even be able to help others.
Stewie

Searching for: Anderson, Balks, Barton, Courtney, Davidson, Downie, Dunlop, Edward, Flucker, Galloway, Graham, Guthrie, Higgins, Laurie, Mathieson, McLean, McLuckie, Miln, Nielson, Payne, Phillips, Porterfield, Stewart, Watson