Buying Credits

If you are having difficulty with the ScotlandsPeople site, or have answers

Moderator: Global Moderators

trish1

Buying Credits

Post by trish1 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:50 am

I just paid c. $AU11 for 30 credits on SP. For this I can buy 5 or 6 certificates (depending on my searching skill). In Australia I cannot buy 1 certificate for that price - the cheapest is $20 - and most cannot be accessed online. My only complaint with SP is that I purchased too many wills at 5 pounds each before the price was reduced to 10 credits.

My family history in Scotland is much better documented than from any other area of the world - wish they all came from there!

Trish

SarahND
Site Admin

Re: Buying Credits

Post by SarahND » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:56 pm

trish1 wrote: My family history in Scotland is much better documented than from any other area of the world - wish they all came from there!
Hear! hear! =D>
I just wish my family had stayed in Scotland at least into the beginning of the Statutory Registration and census time so I could get their parents' info. Would you believe that the most recent "Old World" immigrant on my tree left there in 1838 and her last living parent died in Scotland in 1840 :? I do enjoy finding other lucky people's families, though and appreciate the documents available.

Best wishes,
Sarah

ninatoo

Post by ninatoo » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:41 pm

I love being Scottish most of the time, but I REALLY appreciate it when doing the family tree. :mrgreen:
Researching: Easton ( Renfrewshire, Dunbarton and Glasgow), Corr (Londonderry and Glasgow), Carson (Co. Down, Irvine, Ayrshire and Glasgow), Logan (Londonderry and Glasgow)

StewL

Post by StewL » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:51 am

Me too, being Scottish, it is great to have the documented proof of my ancestors :D \:D/
Stewie

Searching for: Anderson, Balks, Barton, Courtney, Davidson, Downie, Dunlop, Edward, Flucker, Galloway, Graham, Guthrie, Higgins, Laurie, Mathieson, McLean, McLuckie, Miln, Nielson, Payne, Phillips, Porterfield, Stewart, Watson

Corsebar

Post by Corsebar » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:03 am

We are lucky aren't we! Always believe there will be light at the end of the tunnel,even with brick walls. Wish the Irish ones had half the amount of information as the Scots records do.

trish1

Post by trish1 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:34 am

Corsebar wrote:We are lucky aren't we! Always believe there will be light at the end of the tunnel,even with brick walls. Wish the Irish ones had half the amount of information as the Scots records do.
That doesn't even have to be said to be true. I also wish my Irish ancestors had not decided to fool "the govt" by providing a different heritage on every form they ever provided. They seem to have paddled a canoe to get to Australia, lied about when and where they came from - and got very confused as to when and where they married - and about registering their children. Even with Scots records, I doubt I could find my Irish family. But I keep hoping for the miracle.

Ina
Global Moderator

Post by Ina » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:38 pm

Is SP having problems today? I can't get in to buy credits. I can get as far as "proceed to payment" and then nothing. Hope it's up and running soon as I just got some info that may break down a brick wall and I'm anxious to verify the info.

Ina

StewL

Post by StewL » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:58 am

Hello Ina
I bought some credits yesterday and had a bit of trouble initially myself. I went back online a bit later and finally got some. So SP might be having a bit of trouble.
Stewie

Searching for: Anderson, Balks, Barton, Courtney, Davidson, Downie, Dunlop, Edward, Flucker, Galloway, Graham, Guthrie, Higgins, Laurie, Mathieson, McLean, McLuckie, Miln, Nielson, Payne, Phillips, Porterfield, Stewart, Watson

Ina
Global Moderator

Post by Ina » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:49 am

Thanks Stew, I finally got in and was able to purchase some credits. Keeping fingers crossed that my brick wall comes tumbling down :D

Ina

StewL

Post by StewL » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:56 am

Hi Ina
All the best with your brick wall :)
A few years ago I was very fortunate to have 3-4 different people assist me, expecially one lady who smashed my then big brick wall on my mothers line \:D/
Then Jack chipped in with my fathers line. =D>
The great thing about my mothers line, was that the different people did not know each other, so each confimed what I was given, and that led me to all the distant relatives.
Stewie