Boer war? where would I.....

All matters military, militia, regiments and the like. Army, Navy, Air Force etc.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Pandabean

AnneM
Global Moderator

Post by AnneM » Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:43 pm

Hi

Thanks for the encouraging words. Nothing ventured nothing win etc. David. I'll read up as suggested. BTW I had no idea Kibble school was as old as that. A you can imagine in my job I know the location of most of the residential schools in Scotland.

Anne
Anne
Researching M(a)cKenzie, McCammond, McLachlan, Kerr, Assur, Renton, Redpath, Ferguson, Shedden, Also Oswald, Le/assels/Lascelles, Bonning just for starters

Maud Jarvis

Boer war? where would I...

Post by Maud Jarvis » Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:33 pm

Hi, just a quickie re updating.
I contacted Kibble in the hope of finding info records if any exists, but unfortunately will have to be patient.
The person I need to contact was away on leave, but should now have returned, so I will have another go to see if anything is available, will keep you up to date if there is.
I have posted an appeal for any descendants, now that I have a little bit more info about James, his marriage etc, that gives me hope (thanks to you David) I have gone a bit further along the road now and keeping my fingers crossed that there will be decsendants out there somewhere.

I`m also waiting to contact Kevin Asplin (he has a site all about the Boer war and before) unfortunately he too is unavailable until November, so again wil have to be patient in the hope that the James Barr listed may be the one I`m searching for, but my son is also planning to go to Kew when possible to see if he can find James in the records there.

Will let you know later when I find out more.
Seeking any descendents from Ezekiel McCulloch, Port Glasgow, also Neil Barr (Greenock)