Samuel Clarke, Progress At Last !!

Share your success stories here.

Moderator: Global Moderators

Del 80

Samuel Clarke, Progress At Last !!

Post by Del 80 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:40 pm

Hello, After two and a half years searching for "The Elusive Samuel Clarke", some progress at last, he was sentenced to 6 months in jail on Dec. 5th 1899, for a serious assault on his wife, Susan [Susannah], the offence occured at Dundrum, Co. Down, at the house of his mother-in-law, Ann McDowell. Maybe that's why they came to Scotland, to get away from him !! Regards Del.
Researching, Clarke, Calvert, McDowell, McCreadie, Paton and Scott families, Scotland and Ireland.

paddyscar
Site Admin

Re: Samuel Clarke, Progress At Last !!

Post by paddyscar » Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:58 pm

Well, at least his six month sentence gave them a head-start :wink:

Frances
John Kelly (b 22 Sep 1897) eldest child of John Kelly & Christina Lipsett Kelly of Glasgow

Currie

Post by Currie » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:18 am

Nice going Del. I see that someone on another forum found it for you and gave you a summary of the report. Did you get to see the full story. It’s a bit graphical but I’ll post a full transcription if you wish. After reading it it’s a wonder she didn’t flee much further than Scotland.

All the best,
Alan

Del 80

Post by Del 80 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:20 am

Alan, I have'nt seen the full report of what happened, it would be great if you could post me it, thank-you very much, Regards Del. P.S. If it helps I have sent my e-mail address by P.M. Cheers Del.
Researching, Clarke, Calvert, McDowell, McCreadie, Paton and Scott families, Scotland and Ireland.

Currie

Post by Currie » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:25 am

Hello Del,

I just sent them off. Pls let me know if they don't turn up.

Alan

Del 80

Post by Del 80 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:30 pm

Alan, I have them, thank-you, makes gruesome reading , he obviously meant to kill her, no wonder she fled the country. Thanks again, Regards Del.