New to site.....

Share your success stories here.

Moderator: Global Moderators

fortunata

New to site.....

Post by fortunata » Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:01 pm

I just wanted to say what a great site this is, having only recently become aware of it, i am sure that i will find it invaluable in helping me trace my scottish roots. I have some irish ancestors too, does anyone know if there is anything similar for irish ancestry? :)

HeatherH
Global Moderator

Post by HeatherH » Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:14 am

Hello Fortunata,
Welcome to Talking Scot.Glad you joined us and hope we can help you with your family tree.
Happy Hunting,
HeatherK
Looking for ...but not limited to Haldane ,Keir ,McLauchlan ,Walker ,Torrance , Reid ,Clark ,Johnstone ,Holmes ,Laurie ,Lawrie ,Strachan , McIlwee ,Welsh ,Queate ,Stewert ,McNight ,Steele ,Cockburn ,Young ....whew! That's more than enough for now.

Tracey
Global Moderator

Post by Tracey » Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:52 am

Hello

Glad to see your using this site. Its the best by far for help with Scottish ancestry questions that we cant find the answers to ourselves - much better than that other site we both use where the Scottish forum barely gets a look or reply ! :-$ :wink:

So far i have found no Irish equivalent of this site and believe me i have searched !. :cry:
Last edited by Tracey on Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Scotland - Donaldson / Moggach / Shaw / Geddes / Sim / Gray / Mackie / Richards / Joel / Coull / Mckimmie / Panton / McGregor
Ireland and Scotland - Casey / McDade / Phillips / McCandle / Dinely / Comaskey + various spellings

Ina
Global Moderator

Post by Ina » Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:59 am

Hi Fortunata,

Welcome to talking scot. I'm sure you find us a friendly bunch and willing to help whenever we can.

Ina

fortunata

New to site

Post by fortunata » Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:16 pm

Thanks to you all for your welcome.

Tracey, glad to find you here too!! Lets hope someday we will have something to help with the irish connection.

Tracey
Global Moderator

Post by Tracey » Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:45 pm

Hi Ya

At least you know someone on here - helpful or not !! and if i do find an Irish site i will definitly tell you about it but so far i havent found one that doesnt require you needing to know where they were from before you can start to look and if yours are anything like mine it just says Ireland - so doesnt give us an option to search and see for ourselves re S/P.

Enjoy you will get lots of help on this one !

Tracey
Scotland - Donaldson / Moggach / Shaw / Geddes / Sim / Gray / Mackie / Richards / Joel / Coull / Mckimmie / Panton / McGregor
Ireland and Scotland - Casey / McDade / Phillips / McCandle / Dinely / Comaskey + various spellings