Surprise

Share your success stories here.

Moderator: Global Moderators

speleobat2

Surprise

Post by speleobat2 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:23 am

A few years ago when I was working on my grandmother's family I was unable to find her oldest brother's death certificate. Recently my cousin in AU recommended a researcher who lives outside London so I sent her the information that I had. She came through with his death certificate yesterday. Turns out that my great uncle died the same day that I was born! It was quite a surprise to see my birthdate on his death certificate!

Carol :o
Looking for: Clerihew, Longmuir/Longmore, Chalmers, Milne, Barclay in Newhills,
Munro, Cadenhead, Raitt, Ririe/Reary

nelmit

Re: Surprise

Post by nelmit » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:06 pm

Hi Carol,

Fantastic that his death cert was found.................very spooky he died on the day you were born. I love things like that. :D

Regards,
Annette

speleobat2

Post by speleobat2 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:46 pm

I got another surprise a couple days ago. I was looking for the gravestone for the great uncle mentioned in the post above so I checked Find A Grave which I haven't looked at for a couple of years. I didn't find my great uncle, but decided to try out other family names. Up popped the gravestone for my grandfather's uncle in Providence, RI. It was a recent posting--from 2013. It pays to go back and check these websites if you haven't visited them for a while!

Carol :D
Looking for: Clerihew, Longmuir/Longmore, Chalmers, Milne, Barclay in Newhills,
Munro, Cadenhead, Raitt, Ririe/Reary

WilmaM

Post by WilmaM » Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:01 pm

I've noticed a trend throughout my research that the same dates pop up time and again.

My sister's wedding and aunt's birth and my Grandmother's death all happen on the same date in August, my parent's married exactly a year after his Grandfather died.

It is a strange feeling
Wilma