Barnhill Poorhouse Lookup

Asylums, Poor Houses and the like.

Moderator: Global Moderators

candc20

Barnhill Poorhouse Lookup

Post by candc20 » Sat May 05, 2012 12:07 pm

Hello, my interest in in Mary Jane McColl or McCall. Her maiden name is Mary Jane Fullerton/Fullarton. She died in the Barnhill Poorhouse on 6th December 1908. She did not have another residential address listed on her death certificate so perhaps she was a resident in the Poorhouse. At the time of her death she was Widowed, her husband was Thomas McColl/McCall. Her father was John Fullerton, mother Elizabeth Newell/Newall. Mary Jane was born 19 Oct 1853 in Cavan Township, Ireland.
If anyone can tell me more about Mary Jane, my GG Grandmother, from any Poorhouse records then I'd be very grateful. I have no idea what happened to her husband Thomas (who was not the father of my ancestor) as I have not yet found a death record for him, but I suspect he died between 27 Mar 1907 and (obviously) before Mary Jane died on 6th December 1908.
thank you
Craig
Researching in Scotland: Fullerton, Gardiner, Napier, McLuskie, Greig, Jones, Brown, Cadzow, Hardie, Cowan, Welsh, Forsyth, Laird, Simpson, Baad

nelmit

Re: Barnhill Poorhouse Lookup

Post by nelmit » Sun May 06, 2012 12:53 pm

I've noted your request and added it to my list. As I've said to others I don't get to The Mitchell as often as I'd like to these days but if you can be patient I'll have a look when I do.

Regards,
Annette

nelmit

Re: Barnhill Poorhouse Lookup

Post by nelmit » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:39 pm

Hello Craig,

I had a look at the index today but couldn't see anything for Mary Jane under McColl or McCall. :? What spelling was used on her death entry?

I'll keep it in my book and look again next time.

Regards,
Annette