Bottlemaker in Dumbarton?

Occupations and the like.

Moderator: Global Moderators

Robinson1857

Re: Bottlemaker in Dumbarton?

Post by Robinson1857 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:57 am

littlealison wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:20 pm
This connects with the will, BUT it's any early records I am looking for. Before 1815!

Here's a lovely piece I just found about the works though.
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/loca ... s-11213404

Hopefully - Alison
Alison,

I have a PDF copy of John C. Logan's bibliography for his 1972 thesis on the The Dumbarton Glass Works Company. If you would like me to send you the PDF file, let me know. I have yet to make the trip to the Corning Glass Museum to read the thesis, but the librarian kindly sent me the bibliography because I wanted to know where Logan got his information from. I have yet to follow up on that as well.

Regards,

Alan
Scottish Surnames: ROBINSON, LITTLE, CHRISTIE
My Robinson Genealogy https://sites.google.com/site/robinson1857/

littlealison

Re: Bottlemaker in Dumbarton?

Post by littlealison » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:16 pm

Hello Alan.

I just saw your post late yesterday. I had a thought and did a search, thought I had heard of Logan’s writing before, and emailed my sister, to see if she could access it – when I got back today she had sent the whole thesis! So, if you would like it, PM me and I can send it to you email. ….unless you want to see it at Corning…. That’s just for personal use of course.

I have skimmed through it but need to read it properly. Not much in the way of names except the principals, but a family tree for the Dixons. And managers’ names end in 1814.
Primrose Bell I found appears in Glasgow in 1815. However he appears at the Jamaica St works, not Verreville, which I didn’t know was owned by them. Was it?

Also, I have a map of the works, found online and permitted to use by Dumbarton Library. - Alison
Researching:
LITTLE - Scotland, Lancashire, Dublin and South Africa. And Canada.
RITCHIE, BARR - Scotland
ANDREWS, MEMERY, DOWSE and BIRMINGHAM - Dublin
PRICE, JACKSON, ROGERS, ALLEN - N. Wales