Moray research.....

Occupations and the like.

Moderator: Global Moderators

MaryE

Moray research.....

Post by MaryE » Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:10 pm

It doesn't look as if the Moray archives are going to be moving to a new home yet so will presumably stay in Elgin library - very little space here unfortunately. However, for those with interests in this area, check out what looks like an excellent Moray Heritage site just up and running in the last few days - http://libindx.moray.gov.uk/mainmenu.asp . (Thanks to BobG for ringing me up and pointing it out!)

Mary

langbank_rock

Moray site

Post by langbank_rock » Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:08 pm

Yes a good site for an area which seems to have been overlooked in the past. Still a bit patchy but I did find out more info on some ancestors and the refs to papers is very good. Look forward to it getting more info.
:)
Alastair

Jean Jeanie
Global Moderator

Post by Jean Jeanie » Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:25 pm

Excellent site. Found 2 of mine there that I have been unable to find on SP!!

I contacted them about a ref no in the miscellaneous section "MF A In2" This didn't mean anything to me. They e mailed back to advise that it was the place of baptism and gave me all the details.

Jean

sporran

Re: Morayshire

Post by sporran » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:12 am

Hello all,

must agree that it is an excellent site. Two of my wife's relatives were mentioned with less information than we have, but with new information that they were on the register of poor in 1875-6. I sent off extra information about the two women, but I mentioned that I could not be certain that their Elspet Taylor was ours. I received a nice reply from Graeme Wilson (Local Heritage Officer) thanking me for the information, and saying that he would link the women until the link was proved or disproved. I like his approach.

Regards,

John