Kincardineshire Police/Constabulary.....

Occupations and the like.

Moderator: Global Moderators

Figgy

Kincardineshire Police/Constabulary.....

Post by Figgy » Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:28 pm

Hi from a new member just joined today.

Can anyone suggest where I might find records relating to a relative who served in the Kincardineshire Constabulary at Kincardine O'Neil in 1864?

I believe this force joined with others to make Scottish North Eastern Counties Constabulary (SNECC) which in turn is now Grampian Police. However, their records don't go that far back.

Any assistance appreciated.

Thanks, Pauline :)

Alcluith

Re: Kincardineshire Police/Constabulary

Post by Alcluith » Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:08 pm

Figgy wrote:Hi from a new member just joined today.

Can anyone suggest where I might find records relating to a relative who served in the Kincardineshire Constabulary at Kincardine O'Neil in 1864?

I believe this force joined with others to make Scottish North Eastern Counties Constabulary (SNECC) which in turn is now Grampian Police. However, their records don't go that far back.

Any assistance appreciated.

Thanks, Pauline :)
Hi Pauline

and first a belated welcome to a Laurnie Quine

I also had a relation in the Kincardineshire Constabulary albeit in the 1920s but got a lot of assistance from the Grampian Police who have a contact that deals with history and genealogy. Due to a computer crash I have lost all correspondance that I had with him, but I am sure if you call they will give you his name.
They are also compiling a lot of information and old records to put on line in the near future.
Burns, Quinn - Glasgow, N.Ireland
McLeod, Mackay, Nicholson, McNeil - Skye
James, McLeod, Sinclair, Smith - Renton
Davidson,Adie, Gibb - Aberdeen
Jolly Wishart - Angus
Usher - Newcastle
Mullen, Roe - Dublin
O'Donnell - Ireland, Alexandria