Aitken's Auction, Edinburgh

Occupations and the like.

Moderator: Global Moderators

JScobbie

Re: Aitken's Auction, Edinburgh

Post by JScobbie » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:08 pm

Dear all, this is brilliant stuff, very useful. I will shortly post something about Frank Aitken online at my family tree blog at https://noisybrain.wordpress.com/
because I've got a wedding present for Frank and Jessie. :D
I really hope Sally and Jim come back on here and find it, a dozen years on. They've not been using this site much.

JScobbie

Post by JScobbie » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:25 pm

Jim

Post by Jim » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:46 am

I have seen your post. Many thanks. This is terrific stuff. My friend Douglas Aitken is the son of Frank Aitken born 1907. Frank jr was the youngest child of Frank and Jessie. I was asked by the family living in Canada to find out what happened to their grandfather Frank after he left Jessie and the children in Scotland and went alone to Australia for reasons unknown. He became penniless and died in Liverpool Asylum in New South Wales, Australia and is buried in an unmarked paupers grave. Thanks for the info on the goblet celebrating Frank and jessie's marriage. My friend Doug will be absolutely thrilled. Jim
Researching Ramsay, Laurenson, Jaffray, Rae, Sangster, Daniel, Plenderleith, Mutch, Coutts, Hutchison, Castel, Robertson, McKinnon and others in Aberdeenshire. Also McIntosh in Kincardine

JScobbie

Post by JScobbie » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:36 am

Wonderful! I was worried you didn't use this site anyone, but that was super-fast.
I'll keep tinkering and up-dating it.
Frank's story sounds a bit tragic, what a shame.