Riddrie Park Cemetery

Churchyards and Monumental Inscriptions, Burial and headstone information

Moderators: Global Moderators, LesleyB

biz

Re: Riddrie Park Cemetery

Post by biz » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:14 pm

Hello
Yes you are right our Bridget did marry twice the 1st to Robert ParK at St Andrews Glasgow(she wasnt a Catholic)they had a child called James Robert Park who upon Bridget`s 2nd marriage went to live with his paternal grandparents Robert Park and Mary nee Watt James died in the late 60`s
Bridget`s 2nd marriage was also to Robert Graham Park (this is my line)
we have been unable to establish a connection between the two husbands families
I have both marriage certs, Bridget died in 1967 and my cousin who is 10 year older than me attended her funeral--she was definately buried==a shame that he cannot remember which cemetery
surname intrests..Park,Gould,Rankin,Hunter,Higton,Walker.Hughes

AndrewP
Site Admin

Post by AndrewP » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:26 pm

biz wrote:Bridget died in 1967 and my cousin who is 10 year older than me attended her funeral--she was definately buried==a shame that he cannot remember which cemetery
Hi Biz,

Have a read of WilmaM's message on the previous page. If you have a date in 1967 for Bridget's death, you may be able to find the funeral notice in the newspaper archives - and get the cemetery name from that.

All the best,

AndrewP

nelmit

Post by nelmit » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:21 am

AndrewP wrote:
biz wrote:Bridget died in 1967 and my cousin who is 10 year older than me attended her funeral--she was definately buried==a shame that he cannot remember which cemetery
Hi Biz,

Have a read of WilmaM's message on the previous page. If you have a date in 1967 for Bridget's death, you may be able to find the funeral notice in the newspaper archives - and get the cemetery name from that.

All the best,

AndrewP
I had a wee look and couldn't find anything but that doesn't mean it isn't there.

If all else fails you can contact Glasgow City Council les@glasgow.gov.uk or 0141 287 3961 and tell them you are visiting on 21st - unfortunately they may charge but since you have an exact date you might get somebody sympathetic who will just look it up.

Regards,
Annette

biz

Post by biz » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:26 am

Thank you I will take a look to see what Google newspapers has

carolineasb

Post by carolineasb » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:34 pm

Hi Biz,

I've just noticed that you had a previous post a few years ago where you thought that Bridget had possibly left her body to medical science, did you contact Glasgow University?

My own father-in-law left his body to Glasgow University Anatomy Department as, being a very generous man, he hoped that he could help someone else. They kept him for about 2 years and then arranged a Funeral at Linn Crematorium in Glasgow for us including arranging the Minister, however, we asked our own Minister to attend who had presided over his Memorial Service in our village in Renfrewshire when he actually passed.

Regards,

Carolineasb

biz

Post by biz » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:54 pm

Hi Caroline
thats right we did assume that she had left her body to medical science but upon contacting them at Glasgow they wrote to us telling us that they had not heard of her and that she was not on their database
moving on a few years and getting back intouch with a cousin who attended our grandmas funeral in a cemetery at Glasgow
Biz