Aberdour Death Records - online

Churchyards and Monumental Inscriptions, Burial and headstone information

Moderators: Global Moderators, LesleyB

WilmaM

Aberdour Death Records - online

Post by WilmaM » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:42 am

We spend Easter Monday on the South Coast of Fife and visited Aberdour Castle.
A notice on the Parish Church Board caught my eye.
Aberdour Graveyard Records
are available at:
Aberdour Post Office
High Street 01383 860317
or on-line at:
www.aberdourculture.org.uk
http://www.aberdourculture.org.uk/Index ... inID=19161
Aberdour deaths
Information from mortcloth and lair records, old parish registers and memorial inscriptions
This document has been prepared as a pdf file using material contained in a large notebook of the same title that has been in the possession of Mr Gordon Thomson (Aberdour Postmaster 1999 - 2015). The original notebook was complied from various sources by Marjorie Stewart. In 2014 it was decided that it would be useful to have a digital copy of this information so that it could be made freely available to future researchers. To this end, Gordon and his wife Hazel very kindly volunteered to scan each page of the notebook. The scanned images have been "reassembled" in their original order into a single document and the original page numbering has been retained.
Records of Mortcloth Dues and Burials in the Aberdour Old Parish Registers 1790-1854 and Lair Records 1888 - 1923 also Memorial Inscriptions from the Old and New Graveyards
Makes very interesting reading, pity I don't have any Fifers in my tree.
Wilma

Anne H
Global Moderator

Re: Aberdour Death Records - online

Post by Anne H » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:46 pm

Hi Wilma,
Always wonderful to find new records and thanks for sharing.

I don't have anyone from the area but this will be a great resource for those who do.

Regards,
Anne H