Macduff Parish Church.....

Churchyards and Monumental Inscriptions, Burial and headstone information

Moderators: Global Moderators, LesleyB

Tracey
Global Moderator

Macduff Parish Church.....

Post by Tracey » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:39 pm

Does anyone know if Macduff Parish Church has records of who is buried in the churchyard and if so where would i find them ?
Scotland - Donaldson / Moggach / Shaw / Geddes / Sim / Gray / Mackie / Richards / Joel / Coull / Mckimmie / Panton / McGregor
Ireland and Scotland - Casey / McDade / Phillips / McCandle / Dinely / Comaskey + various spellings

Jean Jeanie
Global Moderator

Post by Jean Jeanie » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:56 am

Hi Tracey

Try contacting www.libindx.moray.gov.uk. Graeme Wilson there is very helpful. If he doesn't know where the records are kept he may be able to advise you who to contact.

I suspect that if you contact Moray Council they may be able to help.

When I wanted to find the lair records for Cromdale Church I contacted Inverness Council and they helped me tremendously. They actually sent me photostats of the lair records I wanted.

Jean

Tracey
Global Moderator

Post by Tracey » Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:04 am

Hello Jean

Graeme and Co have been an enormous help to me too over the last 18 months - what would we have done without them ! Its the one place i didnt think to ask.

Thanks for the reminder.

Tracey
Scotland - Donaldson / Moggach / Shaw / Geddes / Sim / Gray / Mackie / Richards / Joel / Coull / Mckimmie / Panton / McGregor
Ireland and Scotland - Casey / McDade / Phillips / McCandle / Dinely / Comaskey + various spellings