Cemetery Photographs - Grave News

Churchyards and Monumental Inscriptions, Burial and headstone information

Moderators: Global Moderators, LesleyB

kinsearcher

Cemetery Photographs - Grave News

Post by kinsearcher » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:33 am

I have a number of 'still' photographs (40+) taken (with digi camera) of Kirkton Cemetery, Fraserburgh, Aberdeenshire which I'm happy to share with anyone who has interests in the N E of Scotland. Is there a 'plot' I can 'bury' (archive) them on this Forum for current and future members?
Quality nae bad by and large I'd say, especially as I'd never gone and done that many at a time. I spent about 4 hours there and was (almost glad to be) interrupted by, of all things, can you believe, a Funeral!
Actually, I have mobility problems and needed to remove myself from that particular part of the Cemetery or I might have been included in the Lair, sans cercueil!
Thanks,
James.
Ayrshire: CRAIG - (Dalry/Beith/Kilbirnie)
ORR - Kilbirnie
Aberdeenshire: MASSIE, MAITLAND, GERRIE, IRONSIDE, SKENE, CHEYNE, CARDNO
Orkney: SHEARER, MILLER

AndrewP
Site Admin

Post by AndrewP » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:46 am

Hi James,

Thanks for your offer to display your photographs.

Unfortunately TalkingScot does not have the amount of webspace to display collections of photographs. If you have your own webspace available, then you could always upload your photographs to there, and place a link here on TalkingScot, so that people can view them there.

The TalkingScot Gallery can be used for individual photographs, but does not have the capacity for collections of photographs, particularly at full resolution.

All the best,

AndrewP

kinsearcher

Post by kinsearcher » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:13 am

Thanks Andrew,

I don't have a website so need to look at something else. I use Photobucket but its not the right sort of presentation. I suppose I could just start up a Group (Yahoo or similar) but one can run into space problems there. I expect to add to my collection hopefully this year, and am thinking that maybe others might like to add any pics they collect as a sort of archive. Think that might happen? Maybe you or others would have suggestions?
James.
ORR - Kilbirnie

AndrewP
Site Admin

Post by AndrewP » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:29 am

Hi James,

Being on the admin side of TalkingScot, I see your e-mail address, as being from one of the major UK internet providers. Your e-mail account almost certainly comes with some webspace, whether you use it or not. Your provider's website should tell you how much webspace you are allotted with your e-mail account.

Assuming your webspace exists, your provider should provide a means for you to upload to it, or you need to purchase an FTP (File Transfer Protocol) program to do this. I downloaded an FTP program a number of years back. I think it cost about £15 at that time, and has served me well.

All the best,

AndrewP

kinsearcher

Post by kinsearcher » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:38 am

Yes, I would have webspace, but do not have the know-how to create a website that will do all I need it to, nor time to learn and maintain. I'm fairly heavily committed with Rootsweb (Adminning) and similar so being a webbie isn't an option just now anyway. I'm actually struggling to create a Forum right now - don't know my categories from my boards lol!

I think I'm going to have a go at -

http://www.mysharedphotos.com/

If it works out, I'm happy to share space.

thanks again.
James.
ORR - Kilbirnie

kinsearcher

Post by kinsearcher » Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:42 am

For those interested - here's the url

http://snaphappychappy.mysharedphotos.com/Grave%20News/

James.

URL amended (software did not like the space, %20 serves the same purpose) - AndrewP
ORR - Kilbirnie

LesleyB

Post by LesleyB » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:22 am

Hi James
I've added your link to our list at:
http://talkingscot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4555

Best wishes
Lesley

kinsearcher

Post by kinsearcher » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:34 am

Fine Lesley,
Just hope they are useful to someone. They aren't what I went looking for though there are some I didn't expect but were pretty much a bonus.
James.
ORR - Kilbirnie