Churchyards and Monumental Inscriptions, Burial and headstone information

Moderators: Global Moderators, LesleyB

mcblondie

cemetery

Post by mcblondie » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:51 am

Hi Jean Jeanie,

Can i ask a silly question? Where did you get the info of the headstones in the cemetery? is there somewhere online where i could find similar info on my family?

Much appreciated
Katie
Callaghan or Callahan & Callachan - Blantyre & Ireland. Polockus -(many variations) Blantyre, Bellshill & Lithuania, Worldwide. Young and Boyle - Hamilton and Fife also Ireland. O'Donnell from Hamilton and Ireland Hastie from Fife also Burns from Fife

Jean Jeanie
Global Moderator

Post by Jean Jeanie » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:11 pm

Izzie wrote:Hi Jean,
Just wanted to thank you for the additional records, I have managed to place some more Dicks thanks to your additonal cemetery listings.
Now on to the search for the "missing generation" to link to the 1881 census.
Thank you.
Glad to be of help :)
Katie wrote: Can i ask a silly question? Where did you get the info of the headstones in the cemetery? is there somewhere online where i could find similar info on my family
I have the West Lothian MIs pre 1855, published by The Scottish Genealogy Society

Jean

bopow99

Re: Location Kirkton Cemetery Bathgate - Dick

Post by bopow99 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:33 pm

Great directions.. I was recently able to attend the cemetery which is in a residential area directly across from the Kirkton park. The stones are under a tree in a row at the back of the cemetery and in the church there is also a plaque at the far side on the left wall. The location appears to be a protected heritage site so should continue to be maintained going forward if you are ever able to make the trip.

I'm having trouble attaching the photos to the post as the max size is so limited. If you would like copies and can assist with how to post photos or documents to the site let me know.

Thanks,

Bob (Dick) Powers