Census Look-up Request need help please -LIVINGSTONE-

Information and Advice

Moderator: Global Moderators

michele

Census Look-up Request need help please -LIVINGSTONE-

Post by michele » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:04 am

Hi I am hoping someone can help me out with Census look-up please for the area of Leith Edinburgh Scotland
I am trying to find the family of John Livingstone and his wife Charlotte nee Liston [Charlotte Liston was born around 1876]
some of their children that I know of were
Alfred Livingstone born 1902
Harry Green? Livingstone born 1907 Leith Edinburgh Scotland
Thomas Liston Livingstone
David Stanley Livingstone
Hannah Combe Livingstone
Thomas Liston Livingstone
Margaret Kemp Livingstone
Peter Livingstone

Thank you for your time and any help you can give me in my search
with kind regards Michele
Australia

AndrewP
Site Admin

Re: Census Look-up Request need help please -LIVINGSTONE-

Post by AndrewP » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:13 am

Hi Michele,

[TS_welcome]

A search on of the 1911 census on www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk for Alfred Livingstone age 7 to 11 (to give a bit of leeway) anywhere in Scotland produces only one result - it is in Leith. This produces the family group of John and Charlotte with their first 8 children. Some of the 8 are the ones that you list, others are new names. It states that the couple have been married for 15 years, have produced 8 children (ages 14 down to 2) by the time of the 1911 census, and all are still alive at the time of the 1911 census. The 1911 census is the most recent census open to the public at this time - they are closed for 100 years. There is another 5 years to wait before the 1921 census is released to the public.

Assuming the other names you have are all correct, then the assumption is that there were more children born in the years following the 1911 census. On ScotlandsPeople you will be able to download the birth certificates on a pay per view basis for those born up to 1915 (Scottish birth certificates are not online unless they are more than 100 years old). By the laws of average, that may give you another 2 or 3 children born in the 1911 to 1915 period. For years since 1915, you may see their names in the index, but you cannot download the certificates, If you really want these certificates, they can be applied for at a much higher price, and a legal extract copy of the certificate will be posted out to you.

All the best,

AndrewP

BrainA

Post by BrainA » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:07 am

The 1901 Census shows John Livingstone (Age 30) wife Charlotte (25) living at 5 Cannon Street, Leith. Also three sons, John (4), William (3) and Peter (8 months). Might be of help to you.

Regards, Brian

Tricia MORE

Post by Tricia MORE » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:09 pm

Marriage:
1895 LIVINGSTON JOHN LISTON CHARLOTTE LEITH NORTH EDINBURGH CITY/MIDLOTHIAN 692/01 0154
24th Dec

HE was a Rivetter 24. Address 4 CAnnon St Leith. She a fish saleswoman 18 address 10 Wester Close Newhaven .
His parents named as JOhn Livingstone and Margaret Kemp and her parents William Liston and Annie Combe. (Annie or Hannah possible).

Tricia.
Liston in my family.

michele

Post by michele » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:30 am

Wow this is good thank you all so much for your time and help this information is GREAT THANK YOU
I now know the names of their father and mother's WOWOWOWOWO :D =D> \:D/ :D
please if I can ever be of any help in Australia with family research lookup's let me know and I will see what I can find
Kind regards Michele

michele

Post by michele » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:31 am

AndrewP wrote:Hi Michele,

[TS_welcome]

A search on of the 1911 census on http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk for Alfred Livingstone age 7 to 11 (to give a bit of leeway) anywhere in Scotland produces only one result - it is in Leith. This produces the family group of John and Charlotte with their first 8 children. Some of the 8 are the ones that you list, others are new names. It states that the couple have been married for 15 years, have produced 8 children (ages 14 down to 2) by the time of the 1911 census, and all are still alive at the time of the 1911 census. The 1911 census is the most recent census open to the public at this time - they are closed for 100 years. There is another 5 years to wait before the 1921 census is released to the public.

Assuming the other names you have are all correct, then the assumption is that there were more children born in the years following the 1911 census. On ScotlandsPeople you will be able to download the birth certificates on a pay per view basis for those born up to 1915 (Scottish birth certificates are not online unless they are more than 100 years old). By the laws of average, that may give you another 2 or 3 children born in the 1911 to 1915 period. For years since 1915, you may see their names in the index, but you cannot download the certificates, If you really want these certificates, they can be applied for at a much higher price, and a legal extract copy of the certificate will be posted out to you.

All the best,

AndrewP
THANK YOU \:D/

michele

Post by michele » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:32 am

BrainA wrote:The 1901 Census shows John Livingstone (Age 30) wife Charlotte (25) living at 5 Cannon Street, Leith. Also three sons, John (4), William (3) and Peter (8 months). Might be of help to you.

Regards, Brian

michele

Post by michele » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:32 am

Tricia MORE wrote:Marriage:
1895 LIVINGSTON JOHN LISTON CHARLOTTE LEITH NORTH EDINBURGH CITY/MIDLOTHIAN 692/01 0154
24th Dec

HE was a Rivetter 24. Address 4 CAnnon St Leith. She a fish saleswoman 18 address 10 Wester Close Newhaven .
His parents named as JOhn Livingstone and Margaret Kemp and her parents William Liston and Annie Combe. (Annie or Hannah possible).

Tricia.
Liston in my family.