Help please

Information and Advice

Moderator: Global Moderators

speleobat2

Re: Help please

Post by speleobat2 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:11 pm

Andrew.

Thanks for explaining about the registration numbers. I hadn't paid much attention to them before. Learn something new every day!

Carol :D
Looking for: Clerihew, Longmuir/Longmore, Chalmers, Milne, Barclay in Newhills,
Munro, Cadenhead, Raitt, Ririe/Reary

crayspond

Post by crayspond » Tue May 01, 2018 7:19 pm

Hi AndrewP, Carol and anyone watching these posts.
I did download the Michael Wright who died in 1890 in Blackfriars Glasgow. He was 15 months old - illegitimate- mother Catherine Wright earthenware dealer. He died 13/8/1890 at 10 Dyers Lane Glasgow of Tabes mesenterica (a form of Tuberculosis ) he had been ill for 3 months. Question is what happened to Alexander and was James her son too? She married Michael McGinty in 1891 and i would assume the twins were his but where are they by 1901 - not with Catherine now McPhee!

Ailsa

speleobat2

Post by speleobat2 » Tue May 01, 2018 8:24 pm

Getting better with my guesses! James Wright was born in Gorbals, August 21, 1890 to Catherine Wright, ? hawker. No father named. Illegitimate. Catherine's address was S. Bedford Lane, Glasgow.

speleobat2

Post by speleobat2 » Tue May 01, 2018 9:26 pm

There are a couple of Canadian Passenger ship lists with a James Wright, b. 1890 on Ancestry.com. Neither has any defining information though. Might be him, might not.

The 1911 census has a Catherine McPhee living at 194 Main St. Govan with children Malcolm 11 and Catherine 12. Catherine is a widow 45 and a Pedlar (their spelling). The ages all fit so I think this may be your relatives.

Not having any luck sorting out the Alexander Wrights. Have you looked at the Wills? There is one for a Mary Wright, sister Eliza. Can't remember the date exactly but I think it was around 1912? I only looked at one page of the list and did that quickly so it might be an idea for you to pursue.

crayspond

Post by crayspond » Tue May 01, 2018 10:37 pm

Hi Carol,
Well that looks like James is hers too - It's hard to keep up! I have to assume it's McGinty again. Well done for finding him in the sea of Wrights. I have the 1911 census thanks. On the 1901 the McPhee family John,Catherine with Thomas, John, Patrick, Catherine and Malcolm. Not there James who would be 11 and Alexander about 9 - it's not looking good for them. Thanks for the will information i will have a look though i doubt there was much money about! Again thanks for the help you are very kind.

Ailsa