advice please!!.....

Birth, Marriage, Death

Moderator: Global Moderators

maggie

advice please update

Post by maggie » Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:50 pm

Hello i have just found the elusive Elizabeth Chalmers death cert on the newly updated scots people site .
But i would just like to say a big thankyou to all those kind people who tried to help me achieve this .
P.s it throws up another mystery though mothers maiden surname entirely different to marriage cert .that brings it to a total of 3 different surnames for her mother (i think Lizzie tried to match her!!!) :lol:

DavidWW

Re: advice please update

Post by DavidWW » Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:34 pm

maggie wrote:Hello i have just found the elusive Elizabeth Chalmers death cert on the newly updated scots people site .
But i would just like to say a big thankyou to all those kind people who tried to help me achieve this .
P.s it throws up another mystery though mothers maiden surname entirely different to marriage cert .that brings it to a total of 3 different surnames for her mother (i think Lizzie tried to match her!!!) :lol:
Maggie

You need to be very careful about such a maiden name on a death register entry.

Who was the informant?............

Davie
in Auckland

maggie

advice please

Post by maggie » Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:58 pm

Hello Davie
her son in law is given as the informant Donald mcgregor
and the maiden surname is Dryburgh other details seem to fit okay like widow of William Baxter (still no confirmation of a marriage ever taking place )the name of son in law fits what i have got for the daughters husband .But poor relief records for her give her mother's maiden name as Sinclair .the father's name and occupation is consistant with her marriage cert bottle blower though the poor relief gives it as a fireman. :?
hope your having a good time in NZ regards maggie

DavidWW

Re: advice please

Post by DavidWW » Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:19 pm

maggie wrote:Hello Davie
and the maiden surname is Dryburgh other details seem to fit okay like widow of William Baxter (still no confirmation of a marriage ever taking place )the name of son in law fits what i have got for the daughters husband .But poor relief records for her give her mother's maiden name as Sinclair .the father's name and occupation is consistant with her marriage cert bottle blower though the poor relief gives it as a fireman. :?
Maggie

Hmmm.......... Sons in law are renowned for getting the maiden name of their mother-in-law wrong :!: :(

Davie

maggie

advice please

Post by maggie » Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:42 pm

Hello Davie
what about daughter's getting their mothers maiden name wrong ? :wink:

DavidWW

Post by DavidWW » Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:28 pm

what about daughter's getting their mothers maiden name wrong ? :wink:
Maggie

Not unknown, but, on average, much less likely ............. :wink:

Davie
on the way to Nelson

nelmit

Post by nelmit » Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:56 pm

Hello Maggie,

Glad you found your Elizabeth. When I saw the occupation as fireman on the poor relief application, I assumed this had something to do with the furnace and melting the glass. I am sure i have seen this occupation in a glassworks before.

Regards,
Annette M

maggie

advice please

Post by maggie » Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:29 pm

Hello Annette
yes she took a bit of finding but now i've got her so i'm happy only the mystery of mothers maiden name to solve now .regards maggie

maggie

advice please

Post by maggie » Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:32 pm

Hello Davie
thank heaven's for that :wink: