margaret white.....

Birth, Marriage, Death

Moderator: Global Moderators

HeatherH
Global Moderator

Post by HeatherH » Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:27 pm

Hi Jonami,I told you we could get an answer if you posted here.I'm just sorry I was so busy this week I hadn't had a chance to check the posts since thursday .At least now I know where you got the census info. and that finally makes sense to me.(Thanks Davie)Hopefully you can get past this brick wall now and continue your tree.
Happy Hunting
HeatherK
(Wee Bairn)
Looking for ...but not limited to Haldane ,Keir ,McLauchlan ,Walker ,Torrance , Reid ,Clark ,Johnstone ,Holmes ,Laurie ,Lawrie ,Strachan , McIlwee ,Welsh ,Queate ,Stewert ,McNight ,Steele ,Cockburn ,Young ....whew! That's more than enough for now.

HeatherH
Global Moderator

Post by HeatherH » Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:43 pm

By the way I knew the names on the census were Mary and JohnO'Brien but I had an unfair advantage as I had Hannah's marriage cert for a week now and saw the witnesses. :lol:
HK
Looking for ...but not limited to Haldane ,Keir ,McLauchlan ,Walker ,Torrance , Reid ,Clark ,Johnstone ,Holmes ,Laurie ,Lawrie ,Strachan , McIlwee ,Welsh ,Queate ,Stewert ,McNight ,Steele ,Cockburn ,Young ....whew! That's more than enough for now.

jonami

white//whyte

Post by jonami » Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:53 pm

hi all
a great big thankyou to all the very nice helpfull people who took the
time and trouble to help me with my searching
thanks again
jonami

DavidWW

Re: margaret whyte

Post by DavidWW » Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:59 am

jonami wrote:hi davie
thanks for the reply i came to the same conclusion. from what i have found not verified yet,it looks like margaret was illegitimate so could have been sent to live with relations i can't find a marriage for her mother to anyone named whyte//white. on margarets marriage to george williams
in 1906 it say's hannah whyte subsequently married to patrick mc mahon
hannah was margarets mother hannah was 21 in 1890. margaret was 21 in 1906 so hannah must have had margaret when she was 16 years old
thanks jonami
Jonami

See my post of 15th, which will take you straight to Margaret's, illegitimate, birth.

Fortunately, her mother subsequently married so that gives you the names of Margaret's maternal grandparents.

Davie